The New York Brazilian Portuguese Meetup Group Message Board › Bossa Nova Karaoke and Mauricio

Bossa Nova Karaoke and Mauricio

Dennis M.
Dennis229
New York, NY
Dear Meetup Gente,

I'm really happy to see that 18 of you (so far) are coming this Sunday! I would like to suggest to get there a little early, say between 7 and 7:30 so that we can begin before it gets late.  If you could email me the name(s) of the songs you'd like to sing (and bonus if you know the key) that would be great. Mauricio knows most of the bossa nova standards, but if there is anything a little different he wanted to have a chance to prepare.

I already mentioned the favorites like Chega de saudade, Desafinado, Aguas de Março, Tristeza, Felicidade, Aguarela do Brasil, Wave, Meditação, Garota de Ipanema etc, and he is fine with all that.

If you'd like to print up the lyrics to your song, please feel free to do this, but I will also bring Xeroxes of the most famous songs. I will also be making caipirinhas and have some other beverages on hand (beer and soft drinks, but feel free to bring your own, too).

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me through the Meetup or at dennis229@aol.com

Valeu!

Dennis