The Brisbane Ruby and Rails Message Board › Speaker(s) for meetup next week

Speaker(s) for meetup next week

Paul O.
user 2816089
Brisbane, AU
Hi Folks,

I've booked a room at the IIB in anticipation of getting the brigade together next Monday night. I'm currently looking for a speaker or speakers to present on the night. If anyone is interested in showing us what they've been up to, please send me an email.

Thanks, Paul.
Paul K.
user 3022571
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 1
If you get no other topics, I would be happy to compare some examples from Ruby and Groovy on Pleac:

http://pleac.sourcefo...­

Pleac contains the examples originally from the Perl Cookbook done in multiple languages. I have been mainly involved with the Groovy examples but spent some time also looking at the Perl, Ruby, Java and Python examples. It also has some examples in other topical languages such as Haskell, Ocaml and Erlang (but no Scala or Fortress yet).

I would also be interested in wider feedback on some of the hassles I have had with integrating JRuby and Java (compared to Groovy and Java) but would need some time to prepare examples for such a talk, so that's not a goer from me this time around.

Cheers, Paul.