North Texas Bronies Message Board › A suggestion to the suggestion page.

A suggestion to the suggestion page.

Luther
user 21855091
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 5
Just a bit of a request, but I want somebody out there to step up and make a consistent weekly or bi monthly meetup. It isn't hard and it isn't asking for much. For some reason people here believe we need to have fancy laser battles or events to hangout but I'm about to make my argument here as to why I'd like to see another "cheap lunch group" out there.

When I first came to this meetup community I wanted to not only meet people, I wanted to make some friends and get to know really cool people, but I'd have to say, seeing those people once every 2 months doesn't create the strongest of bonds. In fact this is the reason Cheap Lunch #32 exists, I wanted to fill an empty demand I had, and it worked. Maybe you think it's boring to just sit around a table, but you decide if its boring or not. we've been doing Cheap Lunch for a year now and together we've created an impressive folder of pony art, a fan-fic, we're doing fan dubs, D&D sessions, and fighting is magic tournaments. I think most importantly it's achieved what meetup.com is all about is making friends, and going beyond the website to hanging out. After a time I felt like I'd done what I came here to do and made real friends. "But why did you keep posting cheap lunch?" you ask.... Cause I wanted to share that with everyone here. But you guys live too far away to reach Arlington, and I just don't know Dallas to start one for you.

So I just wanted to encourage you guys over there to. It's easy, pick a fast-food place or coffee shop and don't move it around to much, make it's time and dating consistent and dependable because peoples schedules aren't, and show up even single time, regardless if it's just two of you (and if your crazy like me, don't let them RSVP to the meetup, that way they don't know they're stuck with just you).

Bronies are a fucking awesome bunch of dudes. /)

PEACE
Isai D.
Dayz1337
De Smet, SD
Post #: 23
You have a good point.. I can go to Cheap Lunch once A month but that's not how to make a bond. I'll make a group closer to me, but I'll still go to cheap lunch whenever I can.