Brooklyn Drum Circles Message Board › YOU choose: What should we do with our bank money?

YOU choose: What should we do with our bank money?

Brian
user 3000719
Group Organizer
Brooklyn, NY
Hello Groovelanders!!!,

I'm writing to ask YOU, "What should we do with our bank money?".  We have $109 dollars in the bank.  Some ideas I thought of were:

1.  Buy a better cart and some containers for me to bring more drums and percussion instruments to the circles so you don't have to bring any instruments, just yourselves.

2.  Buy a permit to schedule at least one HUGE, SUMMER CIRCLE IN THE PARK.  NYC Parks rules are that you are aloud to have 20 people max at a gathering (one that might disturb others) without a permit.  I believe it's $30 and change for a permit.  Imagine a 50 person drum circle in Propect Park!!!

These are my ideas, what are YOURS?

I'll be accepting ideas for the next week and then acting on the idea with the most amount of votes.  So if you want something to happen, vote NOW by replying to this email.

Looking forward to the 29th in Prospect Pk.  There are still a few spots left so RSVP NOW!!!

Keep groovin',

Brian
Arthur
user 12844664
Newport News, VA
Post #: 14
Hi everyone,
This is Arthur Lopez; we met about a month ago in Central Park at your last Meetup.

This would be a great time to do this Idea.

2. Buy a permit to schedule at least one HUGE, SUMMER CIRCLE IN THE PARK. NYC Parks rules are that you are allowed to have 20 people max at a gathering (one that might disturb others) without a permit. I believe its $30 and change for a permit. Imagine a 50 person drum circle in Propect Park!!!
Or maybe in Central Park?

Wow… This would be a great opportunity for you guys to bring recognition to your group in the most positive way by sharing with your friends, family and the entire NYC community by participating in this Global Event “Largest Drum Circle in the World” Drumming, dancing and song for World Peace.

This is a 24 hour global event occurring Saturday September 22, 2012.
You can do however many hours you want so long as it is on that day.

Our intent is to connect with peace loving people around the world who have hope for humanity and are willing to work toward positive change. No drumming experience is required. This circle is not about being a drummer, it is about being human. Join us with your intent even if you do not own a drum. This could be your biggest event to attract media and attention and win over the community because there will be Drum, Dance and Song. So everyone can attend.
To make it as far reaching as possible, you can create the event on Facebook so you can invite not just your members on Meetup but everyone you know. You could invite far more this way and also monitor who says yes they are coming.

Please check out my posting statement on Facebook and my Meetup web site to better give you a picture of how this would look:
Please do this now to help make this event a success.
Go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook....­ and help us build the awareness of this important event by inviting everyone you know and add them to the Invite List, because it will start planting the seed of Peace in their mind. Invite them even if you think they won’t come, because they may just surprise you. (I sent this out to friends from far away just to let them know what I was doing, and they RSVP’d that they are coming) They can also invite other people that they know who might be able to come. Even If you can’t make it, do your part for Peace and at least invite others on our page. Thanks Arthur Lopez

My Meetup site for this event:
http://www.virginia-w...­

If you have any questions email me at: VAWorldRhythmsDC@aol.com
Or call 757-768-5689 Arthur Lopez