addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Brooklyn Mountain Biking Message Board › New to area - anyone riding Thurs or Fri?

New to area - anyone riding Thurs or Fri?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello, I just joined your group and looking for some riding. I am a little out of riding shape but able to hang on most any trails around here short of super rocky technical stuff. I have a car and can transport - willing to head to Catskills, Hudson Valley, Pennsylvania - wherever gets us some good stuff. Really don't know much about East Coast riding (other than garnered off web), so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Rene
ReneRides
Cranford, NJ
Post #: 131
You have good stuff all around you:

Queens - Cunningham Park (Climbonline.org) - Great for getting back in the "game"

Westchester County
Sprain Ridge (Hastings on Hudson) (WMBA.org) - Beginner all the way to advanced terrain
Blue Mountain ( Peekskill,NY) (WMBA.org) - good elevation and technical but fun
Jungle Habitat (West Milford,NJ (Jorba) - technical and advanced depending on trails
Ringwood (West Milford NJ) technical and advanced depending on trails
Waywayanda (NJ) technical and advanced depending on trails
Hartshorne (Atlantic Highlands,NJ)medium elevation fast and flowy
Six Mile river run (NJ) minor to no elevation very flowy xc type singletrack

The list can go on..lol. No need to travel so far cause these trails(some) will definitely give you a work out.

They are all singletrack..Im riding probably tomorrow after work at Cunningham in Queens if you wanna come for the ride and I can show you around. Let me know..

Rene
ReneRides
Cranford, NJ
Post #: 132
By the way I see you moved to Long Island..definitely go to climbonline.org. They are the local mtb group for Queens/Long island and there are alot of trails out there. I personally dont ride out there much because I like the rocky, technical terrain and like to get my @ss handed to me but Im a masochist..lol. Great resource though for local riders..when you wanna step it up you get off the Island and come to Northern NJ and Westchester County and theres all the rocks and climbs you wanna play with..
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Rene, Thanks for all the Intel! That was great info and very prompt. What time is 'after work' typically for you? That locale looks pretty accessible from where I am but not sure how traffic will roll at rush hour. In any case I will try to buzz out there early to beat any potential traffic and hook up w/you. I also am not up to speed on Meetups so how do I put my cell # in so whole world doesn't see it? Looking forward to rolling some trails and would sincerely appreciate any trail knowledge gained. Ride it!
Rene
ReneRides
Cranford, NJ
Post #: 133
Well I get home at 5pm and can be there by 6pm ready to roll, maybe even earlier if need be(540pm). If your out east of the park in Long Island, traffic is in your favor since most of the heavy traffic is going out East and not West. You can go to my profile and go to "Send Email" and thats how you privately contact people. I will send you my cell and you can text me and we can coordinate. I'll also send you the address to the trail head. Trust me you'll love the park..