Once started, this debating club will offer you both a nice platform and a supportive environment to practice and improve your persuasive skills under the motto ‘learning by doing’. You try and find out yourself what works and what not, instead of paying expensive consultants to tell you what to do!
To know more join our Facebook page:
What is debating?
- Debating is not just about public speaking. If you just want to hone your presentation skills, we recommend the Toastmasters MeetUp. If you are keen to debate, take a look at our summary: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1evWUZPOYK...
In which language do you debate, and about what?
- We debate in English and often about political topics. No previous knowledge required but it does not hurt to follow the news.
Can I join?
- We strive to be inclusive and believe diversity is enriching. Hence, we particularly encourage women, people with disabilities and people of colour to participate.
- Are you an experienced debater? Drop us an email. We are always keen to welcome competent fellows on board.
How much is it?
- The training and the debates are free of charge. We nonetheless recommend to attend regularly because the sessions build on what has been learned before.