addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Buffalo Dachshund Club Message Board › Dachtoberfest Reminder and Need Your Fundraising Support!!

Dachtoberfest Reminder and Need Your Fundraising Support!!

Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Hello doxie moms and dads,
Just a reminder that we will be holding our annual fundraiser for Dachshund Rescue of North America and DASH Rescue on Sunday, October 20th in Williamsville at member Bill and Ike's house!

For a $5 per adult/ children free admission (all proceeds benefit doxie organizations!), come enjoy the event of the year! Don't forget to attend this event with your doxie's Halloween costume ready for our annual Halloween Costume Contest, check out some great items up for raffle in support of DASH Rescue and Dachshund Rescue of North America (DRNA), and enjoy snacks and treats in spirit of the fall and Halloween(ie) season!

Time: 12NOON
Please feel free to bring snacks, treats and drinks to share with the group.

As many of you know, in 2005, while living in New York City, I made the decision to adopt my dachshund mix "Sparky" from the BARC shelter in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was one of the very best decisions of my life, has made me very passionate about animal rescue and a life long "dog person." Sparky has truly become a part of my family and through the years shared many life adventures including a move back to my hometown of Buffalo, NY and getting married to my wonderful husband.
In 2008, in honor of Sparky and my interest in getting to know fellow local "wienerdog" owners, I started the Buffalo Dachshund Club ­­. We advocate for rescue over breeding or buying, and hold get togethers once a month to socialize our dogs, discuss issues including health, nutrition and training, and enjoy our very unique breed. We also often have "playdates" with other breed specific local groups such as pugs and chihuahuas, run wienerdog races for fun and charity, as well as our annual "Dachtoberfest" fundraising event for dachshund rescue groups such as Dachshund Rescue of North America (­)
**I love giving back to causes I care about through the club, and am now looking for some help and support from those who appreciate our group and what we do to advocate for rescue and fundraise for those in need **
In late summer Sparky was diagnosed by our local animal eye care professional with Corneal Endothelial Dystrophy/Degeneration, ulcers in both of his eyes. We began with the recommended treatment of medication, eye drops, a "cone of shame" and contact lenses to allow for healing, and although the ulcers cleared up temporarily, they came back in both of Sparky's eyes.
Our trusted vet has recommended an eye surgery procedure that will help with the ulcers, and prevent any future pain in Sparky's eyes. As many pet-related surgeries are, this procedure is quite expensive, and we are looking for a small amount of donations to help cover the cost of his upcoming treatment.
As we have dedicated many hours and dollars to numerous dog owners and local and national rescue groups in need, we hope some fellow dog lovers and doxie owners will assist us in our small fundraising goal to help with Sparky's impending medical bills. We plan to "pay it forward" in the future with our continued volunteerism, advocacy and fundraising efforts on behalf of the dog rescue organizations we care about, as well as helping others in need of pet medical bill assistance.
If you would like to help and donate, please check out our fundraising campaign... it would be greatly appreciated!­