Building Friendships Together-Women’s Group (Henderson/LV NV)
Started Monday February 1, 2010
There are knitting clubs, crochet clubs, many types of church groups, writing societies, camping groups, etc.
This will not be that.
This is for all women, Working, Underemployed, Unemployed, Homemakers, Wives, Singles, Divorced, Widowed, those with and without children, etc. -interested in forming close friendship bonds.
This will be without the limits of our different Religious beliefs, Political onions, Specific interests, hobbies/economic situations or other status symbols.
All ages of adult women welcome so above 18. We have had members ranging from 20to84.
This is to be a group which will grow and expand and is for helping women make real long lasting friendships, letting others get to know you, sharing thoughts, fears, joys, skills, talents, knowledge etc. We also need to know each other’s limits/boundaries and time constraints.
We are open to any scheduled activities that members express an interest in. Day, Evening and weekend stuff- Helping each other with things like, updating resumes, gardening, cooking/baking, sharing talents/ interests, walking our dogs in the local parks, having a picnic, having a girls nite out, bringing in show and tell items that we will share about us, our lives, experiences, and any thing you would like to do that would be more enjoyable with a friend or friends company.
We will be forming groups that will also form individual friendships/interest groups within it.
We can have someone to go shopping with, to whine over a cup of tea, or laugh over a cup of coffee, or to call in the middle of the night when we have a bad dream, or to share in the tedious task of going through a closet or cleaning out a garage, or giving us a reality check when we start to wallow in the mire of living daily lives.
This is about women getting to really know one another. Helping each other be better women and taking care of each other emotionally, spiritually, physically. Getting each other through job loss, deaths, failed relationships, and celebrating the awesomeness of life, having children/grandchildren, new relationships, getting married, and all that goes along with opening your eyes in the morning and facing another day.
Many of us are facing it alone and the current organizations and groups we are active in are not meeting this need.
If you feel the same way, I hope you will join us and see where it takes us all.
The organizer - Hootey (Lynda)
Personal note: My motivation is…
I have been a member of BFT since it began and this group has made a tremendous positive change in my life. Before BFT I spent all day lying on my couch and IF my phone rang it was one of 3 people. After joining BFT I needed to get a 5 week whiteboard to keep track of my schedule and answering my phone was always exciting since I never knew who would be calling. I gained a nickname as well as meeting and socializing with many wonderful women. Recently I have had an additional challenge since I can no longer drive, the friends I have, made through BFT, have made my life not just endurable but enjoyable. I can no longer imagine my life without this group of friends. I am honored to be the organizer of Building Friendships Together.
Women just making friends with other women.
Our group has decided that some basic standards need to be set to make it all Work.
1. There will not be Smoking "in" any Event-smokers must leave the area of the group meetup or go outside ( Even if they are the HOSTESS).
2. We will contact non-active members after we have not seen them at an event in the first month of registering and if no contact is made by the member after another Month passes they may be removed. This will be at the discretion of the Organizer.
3. If any violence occurs at an event, there will be a -0- tolerance policy, anyone involved will be asked to leave and will be removed (Banned) from our group.
4. We will allow product promotion and sales i.e. Pampered Chef, Mary Kay- Ideas to be posted and an Event set up, after you have been actively involved once a month for six months, if someone chooses to Host one, sales/business promotion at others events will be discouraged. We are not a business networking group, we are a friendship group.
5. There will be no toleration for putting other BFT Girlfriends at risk. The member who does will be removed. We are friends and friends Protect, not put-at-risk their Friends.
6 You must be willing to provide your full name- First and Last, email address, contact phone, Home address to the Organizer for the Master list of our girlfriends.
If you do not want your info shared you may ask that it not be.
Membership committee does provide and we post on our website a GIRLFRIEND CONTACT LIST with
so that you ladies can contact each other if you so choose outside the MEETUP.COM format.
We are trying to build friendships, which means trust on both sides of those involved.
If you can not provide at least minimal contact information, we may not be the Meetup group for you.
7. If you RSVP yes to an event we trust you will act responsibly, and courteously to the HOSTESS and if necessary cancel in as timely a manner as possible. We fully understand that life happens and many of us have health issues that mean we do not know for sure until we wake up whether we will be able to make an event that day. Let us know if you plan to attend, keep us informed if your plans change, update your RSVP on line, and call the hostess if you can (especially if it is a last minute thing.) Most events are very casual and a few people more or less are no big deal (so yes please feel free to join us even if you didn't RSVP or bring a friend with you), but some are not. Some are at restaurants where reservations are required or at private homes where our hostess has bought food based on the expected number of attendees---please remember to take that into account.
As we grow as a group, let us grow as Friends and remember the Golden Rule of "Treat others as you wish to be treated", so we all should be treated like the Diva, Goddess' we are at heart.
I am enjoying with whole heart all the ladies and activities that are happening in this group and if you are then we are successful !!!
Your dedicated Organizer
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:00 AM
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:00 AM
Sunday, August 9, 2015 2:00 PM
Monday, August 10, 2015 6:30 PM
Friday, August 14, 2015 7:00 PM
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:00 PM
Friday, August 21, 2015 7:00 PM
Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:00 PM
Wednesday, September 2, 2015 11:00 AM
Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:00 PM
Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:00 PM
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:00 PM
Friday, September 18, 2015 7:00 PM
Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:00 PM
Sunday, October 4, 2015 7:00 PM
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:00 AM
Saturday, October 10, 2015 1:00 PM
Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:00 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015 5:00 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:00 PM