Julie
user 14472321
Group Organizer
Burnsville, MN
Hi guys.

This email is really directed at a small percentage of you who RSVP yes for an event and then don't show. I understand if things come up last minute -- please just update your status if something comes up. For example, today's pottery event originally had 17 expected attendees. Several people dropped out due to last minute life stuff. While sad to see the numbers drop so much, I appreciate that people updated their status to not going. In the end, 10 people were signed up to go. Only 4 showed up & we had a great time. The issue is that 6 of you just didn't show.

I made a group reservation at this business & they reserved their party room for us. They had a very busy day due to the dreary weather and despite that kept the room open for us. The room accommodates 15 people -- those were spots other customers didn't get to use because the space was held for us. Had the business not been so understanding, they could have charged the 4 of us who attended the room rental fee because we didn't meet their minimum group number. To the 6 of you who put us in that spot -- that's unacceptable.

Just a reminder that if people have 3 no shows they will be removed from the group. All I'm looking for is common courtesy. Thank you to the great majority of you who update your RSVP status. In case you ever wonder, this no show issue is why, when holding events at businesses, the host typically requires attendees to re-confirm their attendance.

Thanks for reading.

Julie
A former member
Post #: 12
Julie I am finding so many people are just inconsiderate and you need to remove them from the group as well if you plan an event that requires a deposit then have people pay up first sadly if they pay they will come or at least no one else is put out by money because of them!
Bill W.
user 40504692
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 1
Julie :

Thanks for the reminder to "SHOW UP " for an event that you have comitted to attending.
Some people just "don't get it " , but I do .......
I work for an airline and no shows have always been a huge cost to airlines , and that's
exactly why we overbook flights !

These " inconsiderates" and the very same ones that gripe & complain when we can't
accomodate them on a flight that they supposedly had a reservation on !!!!

My advice to the continued "No Shows" :
Get a clue , and remember , like I tell my 8 year old , "IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU ! "

Bill W.
A former member
Post #: 20
In a word, Rude.