Join our CARP South Fraser (Langley/Abbotsford) Group now! Just Click the "Join us!" button right above here.
CARP South Fraser Chapter # 48 serves Langley & Abbotsford and points east & is a not for profit organization advocating CARP's ABC's (ADVOCACY - BENEFITS - COMMUNITY) for all Boomers & Zoomers towards a “New Vision of Aging for Canada” . Zoomers are generally people approximately 45 years of age and older, including Baby Boomers and Seniors. There are more than 14.5 Million Zoomers in Canada today!
Join the loud voices of our 800+ signed up CARP members in our South Fraser Chapter advocating on your behalf supported by our 350,000+ strong CARP members in Canada! Our goal is to grow to 1 million strong nationally and grow into the thousands in our South Fraser Chapter!
Our membership strength strengthens YOUR CARP's advocacy clout federally, provincially & municipally!
Check out the many benefits of CARP Membership. The numerous CARP benefits & savings can essentially and easily pay for the membership while supporting our advocacy! Become a CARP Member today by emailing Kim or Bob Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604-856-9788 & ask us about our special limited introductory CARP Membership & Magazine registration offers and inquire about how you too can get more involved in advocating/helping your chapter out in our advocacy mission and goals for Abbotsford & Langley. And let's have fun doing it too!
Who are we locally?
To name a very few, Cathleen, Kim, Joe & April
(One of CARP's Zoomer Magazine covers below right. 9 issues mailed annually with membership. Read about our limited time offer special subscription/membership offer perks on our sidebar.)
What is CARP?
CARP is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization committed to a ‘New Vision of Aging for Canada’ promoting social change that will bring financial security, equitable access to health care and freedom from discrimination. Our mandate is to promote and protect the interests, rights and quality of life for Canadians as we age.
A society in which everyone can live active, independent, purposeful lives as they age.
CARP is committed to enhancing the quality of life for all Canadians as we age by:
- advocating for social change that will bring financial security, equitable and timely access to health care and freedom from discrimination;
- ensuring that the marketplace serves the needs and expectations of our generation and providing value-added benefits, products and services to members;
- and building a sense of community and shared values among our members in support of CARP’s mission.
No one wants to outlive their money.
To ensure financial security as people age, there must be:
- Freedom from excessive tax burdens and restrictions
- Freedom from predatory financial practices and consumer fraud
- Adequate guaranteed income support programs
- Equitable access to pension and other retirement savings vehicles
Good health is fundamental to our quality of life.
To ensure good health as people age, there must be:
- Equitable and timely access to high quality health care that is linguistically and culturally appropriate
- Uniform and affordable access to medicines and medical devices
- Equitable and timely access to aging at home options
- Adequate support and legal rights for caregivers
- Easy access to dependable information and resources for healthy living
Freedom from ageism and discrimination of all kinds is a basic human right.
To protect the rights and dignity of people as they age, there must be:
- The right to continue working, driving and living independently
- Freedom from ageist and other stereotypes in advertising and the media
- Freedom from elder abuse
- Equal rights to affordable housing
BENEFITS – DELIVERING MEMBER VALUE
- Deliver Benefits Members Want and Trust
- Develop and offer member benefits and programs driven by what members want most to enhance their lives
- Monitor and manage relationships with recommended suppliers to maintain adherence to member value standards
STRENGTH THROUGH COMMUNITY
Your Voice Is Our Voice – Our Voice is Your Voice
CARP is committed to:
Building a strong sense of common cause and common voice with a broad diversity of individuals, groups and communities;
Strengthening our national influence through
Incorporating the needs and expectations of our members in our mission; and active, goal-oriented Chapters acting as a volunteer-based resource for promoting CARP’s mission, programs and objectives;
Establishing an effective network of Chapters to sustain timely communication between the National Office, members and communities and to support and encourage members to volunteer their talent, energy and time in service to their community and to the national organization.
(Kim pointing to CARP President Moses Znaimer poster at the 2011 Vancouver Convention Center annual CARP ZOOMER show held every November. Kim on faux Zoomer magazine cover bottom right.)
CARP is a New Vision of Aging for Canada.
But what does C.A.R.P mean?
We no longer use an acronym.
Just like SCUBA; Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus and LASER; Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation acronyms change into words that have a new meaning in common usage.
Our members no longer need be retired. In fact, we’ve removed any age barrier from membership. 40 year-olds start planning their ‘retirement’ and have 65 year-old parents. 50-somethings are the sandwich generation, often supporting children and worrying about their own parents, while the 60-plus are redefining what it means to age; living longer, stronger, more vital lives.
Many people no longer wish to retire, and some can’t afford to retire… or they’ve reinvented retirement, with a second career, a commitment to volunteerism or mentorship.
We've changed along with our members. We are an Association. We are Canadian.
And best of all we are now local! We are YOUR South of the Fraser CARP chapter in Langley and Abbotsford as well as in the South Fraser municipalities east of Langley & Abbotsford too!
Become a signed up CARP Member today. Email email@example.com or call 604-856-9788 & ask for Kim or Bob. Ask about our special introductory CARP Membership & Magazine registration offers.