Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles (CBW-LA) Message Board › Invitation from YA Author Lissa Price

Invitation from YA Author Lissa Price

Nutschell Anne W.
nutschell
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Hello Fellow Scribblers,

I received an email from  CBW-LA Success story, and good friend Lissa Price. She asked me to kindly forward it to all of you.

warm regards,

Nutschell

MESSAGE FROM LISSA PRICE:

Hi CBW-LA!

I attended one of your meetings last year and met some of you and the fabulous Nutschell there. I spoke about agent advice. This Sunday I'll be speaking at 11:00 on a YA panel moderated by Nancy Holder at the Orange County Children's Book Festival at Orange Coast College. It is a free event. I'll be signing right after, but you can also just stop by in the SCBWI booth#36 YA authors to say hi.  http://kidsbookfestival.com/­

Because of carmageddon, we want to reach YA readers and writers who live south of the section of the 405 that will be affected.  In fact, maybe the 405 down there will be lighter traffic.

Also, the lovely picture book author Ann Stampler will be signing her first YA novel, Where it Began at 10 am - 11:50 am. in the same booth. She will look at queries and cover letters and help you. 
Lin Oliver will also be there as well as many other authors, so tell your friends who live in the OC.

Best,

Lissa

“STARTERS is a smart, swift, inventive, altogether gripping story.”

Dean Koontz

“The only thing better than a terrific concept is one that is as well executed as “Starters.” Readers who have been waiting for a worthy successor to Suzanne Collins’ “The Hunger Games” will find it here.” Los Angeles Times

“…chilling and riveting debut… with exquisite pacing, Price weaves a tale of intrigue… A page-turning first novel about the quest for youth and beauty — at the cost of one’s life, soul or treasure.”
Jennifer M. Brown, children’s editor, Shelf Awareness

International best-selling debut YA futuristic thriller, STARTERS, Spring 2012 Random House Children's Books. ENDERS coming.

Nominated for a YALSA Award for Best Fiction for Young Adults
One of ten: Amazon Best Books of the Year So Far  - Teens
Chapters Best of the Year - Teens
www.facebook.com/LissaPriceAuthor­

http://www.LissaPrice...­
@Lissa_Price on Twitter