Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles (CBW-LA) Message Board › Kickstart Your Writing Career

Kickstart Your Writing Career

Nutschell Anne W.
nutschell
Group Organizer
Torrance, CA
Happy New Year everyone!

This new year, we promise to ramp up our program by giving you more helpful workshops, writing events and helpful critiques to help you in your writing,

To start you off with a bang, we present you with the Kickstarting Your Writing Career Workshop/Lunch Social.  You’ll get to reflect on how far you are on your “write” path, discover your inner writing dreams, learn the reality of writing for publication, arm yourselves with the proper mental training to survive the journey ahead and plan concrete, achievable writing goals to tackle for your new writing year.

After the workshop, you’ll get to share a meal with your fellow travelers on the same writing path to widen your writing network and maybe even form new friendships.

If you have signed up for the workshop, here are a few things you need to know:

1. If you are attending the workshop, please email me at nutschell@yahoo.com so I can email you a request for payment/invoice from Paypal for the $20 Workshop fee. The instructions are fairly simple and involves clicking on a link.

2. If you’d rather not use Paypal, you can write $20 check payable to CBW-LA, and mail it to P.O. BOX 4376, Torrance, CA 90510.  Please let me know if you are going to send a check by emailing me at nutschell@yahoo.com.

3. We would need your fees by January 9th, 2013 as it will cover the costs for the venue, workshop materials and lunch.

4. If you are attending the lunch social, and you have certain food allergies or food preferences, please email us ahead of time.

If you haven’t signed up for the workshop, there’s still time. Join us in our first meetup of the year. Let’s welcome 2013 and kickstart our writing careers with a bang!

Enjoy your New Year’s Eve celebrations and have a Happy New Year!

Warmest regards,

Nutschell Windsor

President, CBW-LA