Who We Are
The Chicago Female-Focused Film Meetup & Festival is a group of film industry artists who are interested in actively participating in the creation, support, development, and promotion of films and screenplays that offer increased opportunities for women in film, especially in broadening the types of roles, stories, ages, body-types, diversity and the overall presence and number of women in film.
Members range in experience from student filmmakers to professionals and include writers, directors, producers, actors, cinematographers, editors, all crew roles and more.
**Please note that this group welcomes both female and male members who support the mission statement!
The primary mission of the Chicago Female-Focused Film Meetup & Festival is to discover, develop, create and promote screenplays and films with strong roles for women that break from the accepted Hollywood norms of age constraints, body-types, and stereotypical women's roles in order to equalize female and male opportunities in film, as well as to more accurately and inclusively represent real women in film.
The secondary goal of CFFFMF is to influence, practice, and promote increased hiring of female crew and filmmakers, especially in roles that are typically the domain of men.
The group will aim to achieve its goals through meetups and projects including:
1. Choosing screenplays that match the group's mission/criteria and having public readings of the screenplays to expose the scripts, writers, and actors to potential producers and directors, as well as for feedback for writers in the development phase.
2. Having guest speakers come in to present seminars on relevant, helpful topics.
3. Scheduling networking time at meetups and events for filmmakers to make connections and find other members for their current film projects.
4. Having participatory workshops to learn new film-related skills or to improve skills in a fun, supportive, female-focused atmosphere.
5. Starting a Chicago Female-Focused Film Festival.
6. Having contests to discover, support, or promote screenplays and films that meet the group's criteria and mission.
7. Working together with group members to create and produce unique new media content to promote the group and entertainingly educate viewers about women in film, or the lack thereof, and the need for change.
8. Holding creative fundraising events and film screenings to help fund all or any of the above while offering networking opportunities to all.
If you'd like to get involved as a Committee Member or an Assistant Organizer in one or more of the following areas, please let us know. We welcome individuals who care about the mission and want to become a part of making things happen!
1. Screenplay Series committee: organization, screenplay solicitation, guidelines, reading/judging.
2. Administrative committee: Leadership team/officers/board, legal, non-profit, website.
3. Events Planning committee: planning/organizing workshops, seminars, speakers, fundraisers, readings, & contests.
4. PR & Marketing committee
5. Film Festival committee: research, development, organization, guidelines, submissions, judging/selection
6. Fundraising & Sponsor committee
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Tuesday, October 6, 2015 6:00 PM
Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:00 PM
Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:00 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, March 1, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:00 PM
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:00 PM