Popular, inspirational job search group. This group is much more than “hanging out with unemployed folks” - we network, share advice, job leads, resources, and encouragement. The Caffeinated Careers Club is professionally facilitated by job search expert Tracy Laswell. We do our best to be sure it's positive, businesslike, uplifting, and focused. Established October 1999 and going strong, with typical attendance of 25 individuals. There is a $1 donation for the meeting.
DO RSVP - and when you do, please indicate your target job titles and target companies.
Here’s how to Make The Most Of Your Participation At CCC
Fill out an attendee form. When facilitator calls on you:
1. Stand up, SMILE, say your name then the 3 magic words of networking: "At your service ”
2. Tell us your TARGET JOB TITLES, e.g. Aircraft Mechanic, Brain Surgeon, Technical Project Manager
3. Tell us your TARGET COMPANIES – 3 is a good #, try to mix them up each week. The more specific you are, the more helpful we can be. When others respond, say 2 more magic words of networking: “ THANK YOU” no matter what. Don’t block help!
4. Tell us your answer to the question of the week.
5. AT THE END OF THE MEETING, PASS YOUR FORM TO FACILITATOR so you can get in the meeting minutes.
DON’T: Talk too long, be negative, have side conversations, whine, gripe, complain.
DO: Keep your intro short, positive, specific, and memorable. Smile early and often. Bring chocolates to share along with your good news when you land a job! Relax and enjoy the camaraderie. We do keep it light, but we're seriously supportive of your search.
GET SMART ABOUT YOUR JOB SEARCH! Following the meeting there is often an optional workshop on key job search topics - check out http://www.meetup.com/The-Smarter-Job-Search-Workshop/ for details.