This is a great spring hike and although we have had a few nice spring days be prepared for early spring trail conditions including ice, mud and snow. There is a great spot for lunch at the top of the loop, picnic tables included so we can't ask for more. The hike is approximately 9 km with an elevation gain of 300m. No Dogs Please.
What you will need:
- Bring lunch, snacks and 2 litres of water
- Large garbage bag to sit on or put your pack on at lunch to keep dry
- Over the ankle waterproof hiking boots with good tread - mandatory
- Hiking poles (strongly suggested but optional)
- Gaitors (optional but will keep pant bottoms dry and clean)
- Icers - optional but recommended (traction devices for your boots such as Micro Spikes or Yaktrax)
- A rain coat and an extra coat or sweater in case it is chilly
- Clean dry shoes to wear home and a plastic bag for your possibly muddy hiking boots (be considerate of the carpool drivers and keep the mud out of their cars)
ALL TRIPS ARE DEPENDENT ON WEATHER CONDITIONS SO THE MORNING OF THE TRIP PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE TO MAKE SURE THE TRIP ISN'T CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS. We will meet at Shouldice Arena Parking Lot north end by 16 Ave, there will be a carpooling fee of $10 per person paid to your driver, please have correct change. For those who don't mind taking their car please indicate as a comment when you RSVP. This will be a full day trip with us arriving back at Shouldice late afternoon. We will leave within 5 minutes of the posted meeting time, please come 10 minutes early. If you have a problem and need to let me know you are on your way my phone is[masked]-1355.
By registering for this hike, you signify that you're aware of the risks associated with nature hiking and are aware of your physical limits and how they relate to this particular event. You also signify that you take full responsibility for your safety (although we’ll all do our best to ensure that everyone returns safe and sound) and don’t hold the organizer of the hike or the organizers of this group responsible for any harm that might occur as a result of your participation.