Cambridge Microsoccer Kickabout Message Board › Pickup Intergenerational Soccer at Raymond Park, Sunday, June 14, 2014 and S

Pickup Intergenerational Soccer at Raymond Park, Sunday, June 14, 2014 and Shaping the Experience!

Peter C.
user 15533081
Group Organizer
Cambridge, MA
Hello Cambridge Microsoccer Kickabout member:
If you are trying to decide whether to come to our Sunday morning game at 11:00 but are discouraged by what appears to be a small number of other like-minded people having responded saying that they are coming, do not be discouraged (or confused), because the Meetup system is not giving you the whole story! In addition to our Meetup list, we have a second, separate email list of 100+ people who get invited every week.  Most people are not that good about letting us know that they are coming, so we usually don't have a very reliable head count before hand … BUT we have been having pretty good turnouts for the last few weeks with most of our games having at least five or six players per side. Our turnout has been very mixed in terms of the age range of participant (some quite young, some old), but I think people have been having a good time.
That said, we are not against making the group a bit more homogeneous in terms of the range of ability and seriousness. If you would like to shape the experience in any way (to make it more serious by making it more adult oriented, for example), the way to do so is to: (a) email me your wishes and desires; (b) volunteer a willingness to help organize the group in that direction; (c) let me know in advance that you are coming; and (d) show up!  If I have your contact information (name, email, phone number) I can add it to my other pickup soccer mailing and contact list and this will facilitate better results.
I hope to see you tomorrow (Sunday, June 15) for our special Fathers' Day Kickabout!