align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Cambridge Mobile App Group Message Board › Survey: what do normal people do with old programming books?

Survey: what do normal people do with old programming books?

Michele M.
user 13291105
Lugano, CH
Post #: 12
Ok guys, if you are busy or not a paranoid programmer, skip this.

I have this dilemma in my head and I am sure that many of you have been in the same situation.
Every now and then I am forced to make some order/gain space in the bookshelf.

And last night I came face to face with old Symbian programming books.
They stared at me with an expression of uncertainty.

Now, if you are a programmer, you can probably understand me:
these books are part of the past, I won't ever use them again, but yet I spent so many hours on them, I have been sweating while reading them, I had all possible emotions with them....
I cannot throw them away!
Maybe someone else, any random people in the house, can do that for me while I am not looking, but surely it won't be me.

I would be happy to give them away, but if someone asks me: "hey, can I have your Symbian programming books?"
I would say: "sure, but honestly... you should see someone!".

Does anyone ever feel the same?
A book of knowledge like that (doesn't matter how obsolete is the knowledge) cannot go in the blue bin.
Please help with any suggestion... I am kind of suffering! :-)

Michele

A former member
Post #: 9
Ebay! :-)