Canada Outdoor World Seekers (COWS), is a group of outdoor enthusiasts located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We encourage you to join and enjoy our varied adventures.
For 2016 our yearly membership fee is $5. Once you pay this fee, you will be issued the title of Moo6. Please pay using PayPal or any electronic payment method within fourteen days of being approved or you will be removed. You will be able to attend events for this two week period as a trial run - if you enjoy our activities you will then be expected to submit the annual membership. The annual membership fee is non-refundable.
In addition, we only accept electronic payments. As a result, organizers do not handle money for membership fees.
As a group, we have adopted the following COWmandments:
1. You shall be fun and positive and be open-minded about yourself and other COWS. You shall leave your personal and/or professional issues at home or at work.
2. We encourage you to log in to our website at least once every 90 days. Our organizers work hard to offer COWS many varied and interesting activities - your participation is both encouraged, and appreciated!
3. You may choose to bring a guest to one event for free and include his/her name when you RSVP.
4. All of our organizers are volunteers whose passion is the outdoors and having fun. We do not do this for a living.
5. Honor and respect your RSVP commitment. "Yes"means "Yes". Late cancellations, within 24 hours of the event, shall be marked as No Show at the discretion of the Event Host.
6. "No Shows" are taken seriously. Three "No Shows" removes you from the herd. Once removed for "No Shows", you may re-apply for membership six months from your removal date. If removed a second time, you have to wait 12 months to re-join.
7. You shall not contact ‘Holy Cow’ to report other members unless you feel threatened or harassed.
8. You may either contact drivers directly for rides - or utilize the "car pool" link included on some event listings. Please respect your fellow Cow's car.
Once you are accepted by a driver as part of their carpool, please honor that commitment. Do not cancel carpooling at the last minute and leave the driver with no time to look for your replacement. If you do, please be courteous and considerate by paying your share of the carpool, even if you are no longer attending the event.
While COWS does not arrange for carpooling, here is the suggested carpooling formula for the cost of carpooling (these are guidelines). Costs will be lower for small cars, sedans, coupes and higher for SUVs and trucks. Drivers are to charge carpooling to cover their costs to and from the meetup points. They will not use carpooling to make extra money.
Total carpool cost (gas cost): Short distances<75km: $0.25 * round trip km
Long distances>75km: $0.15 * round trip km
Total carpool cost (gas cost): $0.05*km wear and tear cost+ (Fill the tank after the event ($)-Fill the tank before the event ($))
Suggested gas cost per passenger: Total carpool cost/total number of passengers (including driver)+ allocation of parking fees.
Drivers, make sure you let your passengers know the carpool fee well before the event. Communicating this information ahead of time will reduce chances of disputes on the day of the event. Passengers, you may also want to contact your driver ahead of time if they haven't indicated the carpool fee.
Suggested Meeting points
Passengers, when you ask for a ride, please don't expect front door pickup service unless the driver is offering. Carpools work best when a driver only needs to make one stop to pickup their passengers.
Drivers, here are the most common pickup locations inside of Toronto:
Yorkdale Mall: parking lot accross the subway
YorkMills Subway South Exit Parking Lot (South of Shell)
Islington subway: Passenger pick up/ parking lot of the subway
Kipling subway: Passenger pick up/ parking lot of the subway
9. Even though all of our organizers hold current First Aid/CPR certificates, you are ultimately responsible for your own safety. You are expected to follow the COWS hiking safety guidelines and the event organizers' rules. At no time will you put yourself nor any COW at risk during any COWS hike or outdoor event.
10. You shall not ruin your fellow Cows' fun time. You shall not make negative comments about another member nor tarnish anyone's reputation. Neither will you say anything negative about your fellow Cow’s religion, race, colour or beliefs.
Your profile picture
To be approved as a COWS member, you will need to have a colour photo of yourself (no drawings, no group shots or colour-shifted images), facing the camera, with nothing obscuring your facial features, other than glasses (sunglasses are okay). The photo must also be bright and clear so that anyone can recognize you. And you cannot be smaller than your head and feet touching the top and bottom of the photo. If you change your photo, make sure you replace it with another photo that complies with the above requirements. You will just get one email warning about an improper photo, after which you will be removed from COWS. You can be reinstated once the photo has been updated.
Your COWS name
Please use a name using the English alphabet. Do not use a name that starts with an ampersand, a squiggle, or any other character that will make searching your name difficult. Because we may have several members with the same name, your last name can start with your initial. For example, Donna R. or David P of David Peer. Avoid nonsense names such as The Phantom for example, single letter names, capital letter names such as, RDJ or some such combination. And lastly, only individual memberships, no joint accounts with names like 'Bill and Jane'.
For Hiking Levels please click on this link
Please note: By joining this group, you accept responsibility for your own safety and your guest, if applicable. member liability.
Your imagination defines the limit of our events.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Recent Videos||February 21, 2013 6:44 PM||anonymous|
|About Canada Outdoor World Seekers- COWs||January 31, 2016 6:17 PM||anonymous|