Going to go over installing a different web stack than LAMP.
- Installing Varnish, a website accelerator
- Installing Cherokee, a faster, lighter Apache
- Installing MariaDB, MySQL on Steroids
- Installing PHP5 CGI, Plain old PHP
- Sample configuration for Drupal
Going to go over installing a reverse proxy (Varnish) for serving static assets, using a web server BESIDES Apache, using MariaDB, a drop-in replacement for MySQL and php's fast cgi stuff for Cherokee.
Using a reverse proxy like Varnish or even nginx can enhance site performance by over 80% because they are designed to serve static files much more efficiently than Apache can.