addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cascadia Photography Group Message Board › Lightroom on sale Monday 5/30 !

Lightroom on sale Monday 5/30 !

Terry
user 11164472
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 1
For those of you that have been on the fence about purchasing Adobe Lightroom 3, Amazon has it on their "Deal of the Day" for $120 on Monday (5/30) only. <http://www.amazon.com...­
jPeg
user 14718461
Renton, WA
Post #: 2
For those of you that have been on the fence about purchasing Adobe Lightroom 3, Amazon has it on their "Deal of the Day" for $120 on Monday (5/30) only. <http://www.amazon.com...­
Thanks for the tip! It came to $136 with taxes and shipping, but still quite a bit less than I've seen elsewhere. - Peggy
Bob R.
Bob_Roby
Group Organizer
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 4
Thanks to both Guy and Terry for pointing this out. I jumped on it because I'm tired of having to convert my raws to dngs before I can play with them in my ancient CS3 ACR.

My copy only came to 131.39 because I opted for the slow free shipping. That usually gets here lots faster than they say anyway.
A former member
Post #: 7
I purchased LR last week using my daughter's student credentials. I won't say how much, but I'm just chiming in because it looks like some of us will be on the LR learning curve at the time of our next meet up...
Jim
JimQ
Burton, WA
Add me to the learning curve. I bought LR a week ago today, so missed out on today's discount, though I did get $100 off on CS5 if purchased at the same time. I'm still leary of the whole Import, Export, Catalog approach since I prefer to organize and manage my folders outside my image processing software... can you say "The file named [my file name] is offline or missing"?

Question for the established LR users out there: Is anyone using multiple Catalogs? There seems to be differences on opinion on this when dealing with many files... Brenda and I are now using the same catalog.
A former member
Post #: 8
The way I have resolved the library management issue is to save files off the data cards first and put them where I want them after thinking about it for a bit. But then you have the leave the originals there. In Lightroom, you can organize them any way you want after that, just don't move the originals.

As for the catalog issue, I think it's like the difference between two solo kayaks vs a tandem. They call tandems "divorce makers" for a reason...biggrin

b
A former member
thanks for headsup about this deal.. i jumped on it too.. I have been using LR2 heavily for past few months and was one of the primary motivations for upgrading my lens(see first bullet point here).. reason for LR3 upgrade is builtin tethered shooting and smugmug support (use both a lot :))

I just use 1 catalog and havent seen a reason to switch to multiple. I do however keep many many backups of that catalog. I do all my processing on 1 PC, so my life is somewhat simple. Btw, you can still organize your folders outside LR.. the catalog only tracks the changes you are applying to the pictures.