addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Cascadia Photography Group Message Board › Adobe RGB and sRGB

Adobe RGB and sRGB

A former member
Post #: 3
I checked out my camera and computer monitor settings after that last meeting's quick discussion about RGB settings. My camera is actually set at Nikon RGB which is very close to Adobe RGB. However, my monitor was calibrated for sRGB. When I re-calibrated, I tried both Adobe RGB and Nikon RGB and found little difference between the two. There was a very noticeable difference for sRGB though, the tones were warmer and the blues & whites were not as crisp.

My guess is that if you have software that came with your camera, there is most likely a monitor profile that matches what your camera settings can be.
A former member
Post #: 4
You should consider your final output when deciding what color space to use. If you are going to print and using a commercial printer, ask them about a profile for their printer. Most consumer printing (Rite-aid, Costco, ect) either have profiles or expect the image to be sRGB.

If you are posting them to a website, you ALWAYS want to use sRGB. Most browsers are locked into sRGB or at least default to it. It is the color space of the web.

Of course, if you are printing them yourself, it is up to you as long as your entire workflow is color corrected. Lots of people calibrate their monitor, but don't calibrate their printer or use the calibration profile in PS.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All,
I have found the settings for my monitor and Nikon camera for RGB, but I cannot find where one calibrates a Cannon printer. Any help would be appreciated.
Wayne
A former member
Post #: 8
Calibration of a monitor, a printer, even your camera requires more than just adjusting a setting. You need hardware and software to accomplish the task. Check out the Spyder3 by Datacolor ad an example.

You might consider getting a book on digital color management. One of the better ones is The Photographer's Guide to Color Management" by Nelson