addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Celebrate Atlanta Message Board › Celebrate Atlanta the Community

Celebrate Atlanta the Community

Chris L.
ChristianL
Marietta, GA
Post #: 2
While it may be frustrating to some to get messages that members believe "don't apply to me", one does need to understand that Celebrate Atlanta is becoming more than just a Meetup Group, it is becoming a community. As a member of a community, one has the responsibility to care about its members. If someone doesn't like something, even if their comment may be in bad taste, it's not OK to jump on that person publicly and try to make him feel bad. With Meetup's applications, there are other ways to communicate other than post comments related to a specific event, past or future, which everyone receives. For example, you can post a discussion, like this one; or, you can respond directly to that person with an email (as long as a member has opted in to that feature).

Empathy goes both ways!

And, I enjoy being a member of this community. Thanks to those of you that have helped in making me feeling this way.

Chris