addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Celebrate Atlanta Message Board › Message from CRN to you

Message from CRN to you

Dave G
dgrove627
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
This message is to those of you who volunteered on Saturday, August 4 and Sunday August 5 with CRN. On Saturday, members helped pack backpacks with school supplies.  On Sunday, the backpacks were distributed at a carnival at a homeless shelter in midtown and once again Celebrate Atlanta members and organizers were part of the team helping CRN.  Below is a message I received from CRN and of course, it is directed at you, the members and organizers who contributed their time.  I want to personally thank each of you as well as the organizers who ran both events while I was enjoying the beach in Florida.  In any event, here is the message from CRN:

We are truly grateful for the hundreds of dedicated volunteers who contributed to the success of the Back 2 School Campaign, sorting and stuffing book bags, acting as site coordinators for the collection sites and showing up at our Back 2 School Readiness Day to lend a hand to any child that needed some special attention.
On August 5th, our Back 2 School Readiness Day, we distributed 2,500 book bags to homeless children, and during the weeks surrounding the Back 2 School Readiness Day, an additional 1,500 book bags were distributed to homeless and underprivileged children. In addition to distributing the new book bags, over 1,000 children attended a day of readiness where all were offered medical screenings, hearing and vision tests, and haircuts. The festivities included games, live entertainment, and a huge BBQ feast. It was heartfelt and inspiring to see the smiles on all the kids' faces on this day and
your contribution helped to make it possible - thank you!

Again, thank you and I hope to see each of you at our next CRN event, Thanksgiving dinner preparation. We will need members the weekend before Thanksgiving to put together the packages for homeless shelters. On Thanksgiving, let me know if you want to volunteer at one of the shelters, preparing and serving the meals to the homeless children and families of Atlanta.

Thank you.

Dave G