addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Your best gravy recipe?

Your best gravy recipe?

A former member
Post #: 9
Hello all! I have a great "mashed potato" recipe but I don't care for the gravy recipes I've tried. Can you please share yours?? Thank you!!
A former member
Post #: 27
Hi Pam!

Our favorite for almost 3 years is just the "Mushroom Gravy"
from either Living on Live Food by Cohen or Raw the Uncook
Book by Juliano. But of course we always add what we have
in the fridge to make it unique with flavors we like.

Hope that helps! If you need more... just ask. wink

Hugs-
Chari
Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 22
This is mine!!!!!

*MUSHROOM GRAVY

I soak 1 ½ lbs of mushrooms in 5 tablespoons of nama shoyu and 4 tablespoons of evoo. Leave to soak. Place 3 cups of water with 1 cup walnuts, and 2 tablespoons of almond butter in a blender and blend well. I grind and add 2 tablespoons of flax (to thicken) and blend again. Wait to see how well it thickens. If it thickens well, stir in the mushroom mixture (drained some). If it doesn't thicken enough add more ground flax. Pour out into a bowl and add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!!!!
A former member
Post #: 10
You're all GREAT!! Thanks so much! I'll try them soon.