Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Sad News For Central Florida Raw Food Connection We've Lost Jill Johnston!!!!

Sad News For Central Florida Raw Food Connection We've Lost Jill Johnston!!!!

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 503
This is hard for me. I have just lost a great student, friend, supplier and meetup member. Saturday night in her sleep Jill Johnston passed away. There is no answer as yet as to the cause. I wanted to make you all aware, she was a source to many of you for wonderful sunflower greens and amazing wheatgrass. I will miss her, I already do. Yesterday I was filled with disbelief and today can't stop crying. When I find out more I will post to the thread here. Please keep Glenn and Austin in your prayers.

Peace!
Charlotte C.
charlotc
Orlando, FL
Post #: 134

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 504
Thank you for the beautiful picture, Charlotte!

If ever there was someone that could lighten up a room and keep a smile on Glenn's and all of our faces, it was Jill. She will warm my heart forever. I remember her when she first came into my life wanting to know more and more about raw food. I loved seeing her light up at the recipes to help her sustain. She told me one of the most impacting things I told her was to master 10 recipes and that was her start. She was driven! The best crackers EVER! The best Sunflower Greens EVER! The best Wheatgrass! Cute wrapped jars of alfalfa sprouts! She loved sharing them at our potlucks and the Farmers Markets along with giving advice for healing with a passion. NO ONE could pass her by, it was a mission.

Her son gave her such pride as a help source in decisions for the business. Finishing college with honors and the success of his group, were her latest joyful topics. Glenn, along by her side supporting all the way, packing tight boxes for us all while she talked of the benefits of the food being packed.

I guess you could say that she passed away on a high note, the way we all would desire....in our sleep, right in our Christian walk, making a huge difference in the world, well thought of, loving husband, successful son, and a friend to all, but I cry because it seems much too early, I hurt because I lost a light, I'll mourn because I loved her and her wonderful uniqueness. I will always remember this lovely woman as one of a wonderful kind, never to be repeated, a joy to my heart forever!

Peace my friend!
Charlotte C.
charlotc
Orlando, FL
Post #: 135
Knowing Jill has been a high note in my life. She inspired me in her dedication to helping others, and her quest for healthful living, and besides all of that she was just a fun fun person to be around! I remember once we were chatting about the farmers' market, when she was first starting out with her little booth, and she was telling me about the sunflower sprouts she was growing and selling. I mentioned that I hadn't had any in several years, since I left California, and at the very next meetup she brought me a huge flat of ready-to-eat sunflower sprouts!!! That's just the kind of person Jill was, thoughtful. She always had great stories to tell -- her big smile -- I will miss her very very much.
A former member
Post #: 2
Chef Olive, I am so sorry for your and everyone's loss! I remember Jill from the Maitland Farmer's Market when it was in Quinn-Strong park. She was so enthusiastic about the sunflower sprouts, the wheatgrass shots, and the delicious crackers. Though I did not know her personally, she was an encouragement on my journey, as I am sure she was for many others. I take comfort in knowing that she passed peacefully and elegantly onto the next leg of her journey. Blessings and Namaste. b.
A former member
Post #: 4
I am just in Shock right now. What a terrible lose for her family and friends. I was one of those friends who were hooked on her sunflower sprouts and wheatgrass shots. I am very sad and will miss her.
Angela A.
user 3290900
Mount Dora, FL
Post #: 3
Oh Wow Olive!!! I remember Jill well. She will be missed for sure. I share your sadness today.

Her family will be in my prayers.

Angela
Amber
boxturtleblue
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 1
I'm in that stunned place myself right now.
Tears. Selfish tears and tears for those who are close to her.
Anyone who knew her knows where she's gone to.
Amber
Steven
user 9437281
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
She was definitely one of a kind, that will be missed by everyone. Even if you only knew her briefly (as i did) her enthusiasm was as extreme as she was unique.
Karen
rawfoodchica
Orlando, FL
Post #: 27
Death is nothing but a moment's rest
Until the Second Coming of the Lord
When He shall gather to Him of the best
To take them to the place of their reward.
I've felt the power of Jesus in my soul
Shining like a golden sun within,
Melting my hard heart to make me whole,
Burning out the remnants of my sin.
I've felt Him work within me, so I know
The glory that will come when I awake.
I'll sleep just like a child who'll homeward go,
And in my dreams of love great pleasure take.
So do not mourn my death, and do not grieve.
The Lord will come for me: This I believe.

by Nicholas Gordon