Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › raw vegan wedding cakes?

raw vegan wedding cakes?

alli
user 10560269
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
I figured this would be a good place for me to check on a topic like this :)

A friend of mine is looking into getting a raw vegan wedding cake for her autumn wedding next year (2010). I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of where to look? (other than the owners of cafe 118, who's card she has already). I appreciate your help!

Cheers
=)
A former member
Post #: 3
have you checked with Kelly and Laina at Ethos Vegan Kitchen (Orange Ave/Lke Ivanhoe)?? - I know first hand their cookies are AWESOME!!! 407-228-3898 or 407-228-3899. Congratulations ;-D
A former member
Since it is a "Raw Vegan" cake your best bet would be to get with Chef Olive she I'm sure would know who could help. She makes amazing raw desserts herself hee hee ;0) My partner and I will be having a raw vegan wedding cake also. Depends where they are at St. Augustine has a raw vegan restaurant which is amazing called The Present Moment Cafe www.thepresentmomentcafe.com and they have divine raw cakes I've tried. Good Luck! biggrin
Cynthia T.
CynthiaSunshine
Orlando, FL
Post #: 2
What did Matt & Angela Monarch's cake consist of? The raw wedding cake was made by Chaya. She has an e-book. Also, google raw foods wedding cake. I got a bunch of hits. Hope it helps.
A former member
I figured this would be a good place for me to check on a topic like this :)

A friend of mine is looking into getting a raw vegan wedding cake for her autumn wedding next year (2010). I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of where to look? (other than the owners of cafe 118, who's card she has already). I appreciate your help!

Cheers
=)
I have made several raw wedding cakes including a 3 tired raw one for a wedding last year...check out our website ... www.almondblossomwellness.com..will post a pic if u like...
A former member
Post #: 2
I have made several raw wedding cakes including a 3 tired raw one for a wedding last year...check out our website ... www.almondblossomwellness.com..will post a pic if u like...

the one on my profile pic was a quickie for my mother-in-law...they can be made several ways...usually nut based...and much denser (and yummier) than baked cakes...so a little goes a long way...my fav new way is with coconut flour, although technically it isn't raw but close!! ....can be made with many flavors...and various natural sweeteners, depending on the needs of the person....

Melissa
CheezzWhizz
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 945
Chef Casey Marshall of The Present Moment Cafe here in St. Augustine makes AMAZING cakes and pies. She made the most decadent Chocolate Ganache Ice Creem Cake for my birthday. It was HEAVENLY!!!
I work for the cafe - I'm the Cheezz Whizz - I make raw/vegan Aged Cashew Cheezz - maybe they'd like some for their wedding as well??
Email me and I'll get you some more info - hopefully set you/her up with a tasting!!
Thanks a munch!
Melissa
http://www.GetRAWsome...­
NE Fla Meetup: http://www.JaxRaw.com...­