Central Florida Raw Food Connection Message Board › Challenge Time Again "Month of Sundays"

Challenge Time Again "Month of Sundays"

Chef O.
o-raw
Group Organizer
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 515
Free Cleansing Class Jan. 2nd, 2010
Let's start the New Year right. I want us all to have a knowledgeable beginning, the right start to a healthy and happy new year. This will be a free class given by Samadhi and myself on the importance of cleansing, breathing, and eating the best foods.
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­------------------------------------
Cleansing Class Details
taught by Samadhi Keever, AP, DOM
This class will introduce you to principles of simple and easy cleanses as well as detailed and lengthy cleanses. We will cover the basic anatomy of the digestive system and guidelines for keeping the colon healthy. You will learn how to prepare for a cleanse, when to cleanse, and the importance of incorporating raw food into your lifestyle. Specific cleansing techniques will be discussed, including enemas and colemas.
If you are ready to embark on a cleanse or want more information on detoxification, this class will provide you with a good start.

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­------------------------------------
Challenge talk by me, Chef Olive. I will happily give you the details for the "Month of Sundays". I hope to have the dates set as to location. Keep those Sunday's open including the very next day. Summer should be back from maternity leave so we can have our favored Whole Foods Turkey Lake location. They are fixing it to be even better. I will post more in the next few days.
Please come, bring friends and plenty of them. I have rented out the larger venue to be able to accommodate all of you. My gift to you and Samadhi is gifting you with a plethora of cleansing knowledge. I will of course add in a few of my own favored cleanses. You will leave ready and happy to jump into at least one of the cleanses covered. This class has been talked about for some time now and I am looking and hoping to have a huge crowd. Again -- This is a FREE CLASS on Cleansing. Please come prepared to take notes. I wanna see you there!

Juicing Methods and other Cleansing Elixirs Sunday Jan. 3rd, 2010

In this class I, "Chef Olive" will be making, and you will be trying many of the cleansing drinks spoke of in the free cleansing class. I am having this class to help you with ideas through taste for a "New Years Cleansing Experience". We will showcase a variety of cleansing drinks and will cover juicing with many juicer types, cleansing mixes, blended juice, cleansing waters, juice feasting and green smoothies. You will see ways to cleanse you inside and out. Let's make this a year of accomplishment. Begin to win in 2010.” Make Raw Food your choice”. Samadhi will be with us again to insert our ear seeds to help us with our cravings. These will only be for the Challenge members and Karen will be there to assist me in the kitchen. This will be the Challenge Start as a "Month of Sunday's". Join us for all the details and the fun! Cheers!

$15.00 Juicing Class
$75.00 Challenge

Raw Food Pot Luck Dinner Sunday Jan. 10th, 2010

This is our monthly pot luck dinner and I am planning again for us to get together early at the venue (Church of the Good Shepherd) to prepare dishes for the evening meal. I will be letting you know more on this at the Cleansing or Juicing Class. I need to get the hours approved. The pot luck Dinner will be starting at 5pm. $3.00 with a dish and $10.00 without

Raw Food Meal Preparation and Menu Planning Sunday Jan. 17th, 2010

In the last Challenges we focused a lot on meal preparation and minimal on menu planning. I plan to turn that around this Challenge and we will prepare a meal with heavy emphasis on multiple uses of the items used and stretching the ingredients. Menu planning for success and savings! There is way too much time and money placed on following recipes with limited use ingredients. I have had too many people tell me that they just could not afford to eat this way. This class will have weekly menus and shopping list to help you succeed with small budgets. Don't miss it!
Included with the Challenge cost or $25.00 for non Challenge Members.

Sprouting with a Little Fermenting in the Mix Sunday Jan. 24th, 2010

A Month of Sunday's Continue with coverage in sprouting. This is another way of savings and a fun and easy way at that. We will actually put down some sprouts and make some sprouted and fermented drinks. I will have fun placing that menu into action with yet more savings and fun. All sprouting methods will be covered and you will even be propagating some of your own favorites to save you yet again. Make a plan to attend the whole month to put together your successful lifestyle.

I will detail more in the coming days. I want you to have an idea of the classes provided in the Challenge.

Challenge Members Included and non Challenge members $25.00.

Dehydrating Spreads and Jar Ferments Sunday Jan. 31st, 2010

Last of the Month of Sundays will end with a fun afternoon of dehydrated goodies. You'll learn drying techniques by seeing in action. We'll have many to eat at the end of the class. I will pass a few samples but with so much to cover we will enjoy better as a buffet. You'll see a few spreads, sweet and savory to go on those dehydrated goodies (herbs, spices, crackers, "breds", nuts, burgers, "cheez"). We'll have the jar ferments covered in this class, ripe tomato pickles, chow chow, and kraut to add to our sandwiches. You will feel so accomplished after this series and ready to continue your new life in the way you decide. Challenge members will have a manual to help them by reference and class attendees will have the class sheets of recipes. I have designed this in a way to reduce the cost back to my beginning challenges with so much more added. I'd love to have you all join me in this "Month of Sundays"

Challenge Members Included
$25.00 Non Challenge Members

The Free class and the monthly pot luck dinner will be held at Church of the Good Shepherd, 331 Lake Avenue, Maitland Florida, 32751
The Food Classes will be held in the Lifestyle Center At Whole Foods Market , Phillips Crossing,
8003 Turkey Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819