add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
Crofton, MD
Post #: 290
FYI - Go Badges is now offering a blue C3M badge (Thanks Rio).
I am also working with her in designing a White one and corrrecting the red one.

The blue one is available to place orders now and will be ready to ship on April 21st...which means you should get it before you head to the dragon.

I will also probably place a bulk order as well.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Steve,

I have a question about installing gobadges, and was hoping you could help me out! I bought a 2 mounting kits. I was hoping to put them on the middle of the grill, right where the racing stripes on the bonnet ends. When I went to install them, I realized that there is a plastic piece that spans the length of the grill right behind it. So it is impossible to loop the velcro around to secure the gobadge mount. It's a 2012 mini hardtop. Is there a way around this? Or did older minis not have that plastic backing behind the grill?

Thanks for any insight you're able to provide!

Crofton, MD
Post #: 346
Hi Kirsten,
Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the 2012. But if it's anywhere similar to the 2003 (construction wise), then did you see if there was a tiny horizontal slit in that plastic backing? On my 2003, there was this said slit and I was able to feed the velcro right through it. It does take patience and of course you are limited to the location from left to right of the bonnet on setting it just like you want it. if that doesn't work, then you have some other possible options.

1. Break out dremel tool and steady hands and make room for the velcro to pass through. If you need help, there are plenty of folks here that I'm sure can help...and have a dremel. If you can't find anyone, I can certainly help depending on your location.
2. also makes a badge holder (not as pretty IMHO), but it attaches using bolts and nuts (no drilling required).
3. Another option is to see if the go badge holder works on the lower grill of the bumper.

Without looking at the grill, etc. those would be your possible options. Perhaps someone with a newer mini (Celia) might be able to answer better.