addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 12
Which event is everyone doing? I love Moss and I buy a lot from them, but on the other hand I would like to attend a grand opening for a new dealership. I think im leaning towards Moss, but i wanted some input before I committed...

Cheers,

Robert
Bill W.
BillWolf
Essex, MD
Post #: 129
Neither. Gotta workcrying
A former member
Post #: 13
BILL!?!?!?
Maxicooper
Maxicooper
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 332
Most likely, I will be super busy to get ready for the rally the next day. But will try me very best to join one of the event, not sure which one btw. biggrin
Celia
IndiCooper
Olney, MD
Post #: 23
Im prob gonna skip both, both are over 3 hrs from my house n with the new york trip the week before and the rally the next day its just way to much time in the car.
A former member
Post #: 14
Ok guys I see where this is going...:( they are each a drive so I understand.
maacodale
user 2901942
Poquoson, VA
Post #: 18
Moss Motors is a haul from your area, but they tell me they'll have prices worth driving down for. I've been working on setting up this event since the end of 2009. Now that they have their MINI/Mini inventory up to where they want, they think it will be worth the drive. If this goes according to plan, next years event will be a major happening. But we have to make the effort to show them the MINI/Mini community will support such an event. As of now, they're planning on some sort of food vendor. But if not, HR MINI is planning a drive to Famous Dave's BBQ or Bottom's Up Pizza both in Richmond.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am up for a nice drive tomorrow, BUT, it seems the details were posted on FACEBOOK. I don't have any ego accounts so I can not find any details on the drive down, meeting places or anything. I guess if I leave Bowie at 8 or 9, I may run into some mini's on the way. If anyone has the details, Pleas post them in the meetup!
Maxicooper
Maxicooper
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 351
Here is what I found on the Moss MINI.

It's been in the works for a while, but we've finally nailed down a time and date for MOSS MINI's MINI Cooper open house.

MOSS MINI Open House
August 28, 2010
25651 Simpson road
Petersburg, VA 23803

August 28, 2010. Doors open at 10 AM. They folks at MOSS MINI will host an open house with tours and some great deals for MINI owners. Moss has been serving the automotive community for over 60 years. They published their first catalog, for MG's in 1962. IN 2008 MOSS Motors opned their new 112,000 square foot East Coast facility to replace the New Jersey location they had long since outgrown. In addition to parts for our favorite cars, they also offer catalogs for Miatas, Mustangs, Jackson Super chargers, Powercard tuning and nearly every make of British vehicle known to man!

Don't miss this amazing opportunity! Hopefully we can make this an annual event. Lets show the fine folks at MOSS MINI that MINI owners will support them when they step up and offer their hospitality. Lets do this!

I talked to Moss Motors today (8/3) and they plan on having door prizes for us. So if you're feeling lucky, you may have another reason to attend!

Also, they are thinking of providing food for us. We'd need a decent minimum and plenty of advanced notice. I just don't want them to run out of food, because too many people show up or have a bunch left over and end up losing money on that.
Thoughts.......

Some of our MINI friends will be leaving from:

WaWa Store #661
13355 Minnieville Road
Woodbridge, VA 22192

They're planning on rolling out of there at 7:30am. biggrin
A former member
Post #: 2
I'll see if I can catch up to you there. No guarantee on when I wake up. Thanks. That's about an hour down the road for me.