addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Oregon Primitive Skills Message Board › Making Arrowheads

Making Arrowheads

Greg B.
user 21372261
Group Organizer
Redmond, OR
General letter to all Primalists
If you tried to find Hidden Forest Cave, for our last meetup, and got lost, you have my sincere apology. I know of at least three that couldn't find it. I will repeat the class on knapping obsidian, as there was considerable interest in it. I'm looking for suggestions as to where to hold it. Our members are scattered from LaPine to Sisters. If you're interested in learning please let me know your suggestion for location to meet. It could be a park, private residence ect. Cindy, who never made an arrowhead before, is a good example of how quickly a person can learn to make functional points. And she didn't even need a band aid when we were done!
Hope to redeem myself at the next meetup,
Greg Booth
A former member
Post #: 1
Did my message get through with the coordinates and my suggestion to go ahead and try Arnold Ice Caves again with said coordinates posted and more signage. You know there is series of caves we used to call horse caves right off of the end of Reed Market Road. I haven't been to them since this time back in Bend but can check them out if you wanted something closer to town. What about those caves out by the Redmond Airport, I have only seen the signs for them when going to class but could check them out also, probably will anyway. If I am not mistaken the ones in Redmond are the other end of the horse caves, not sure but the Indians would shake the Calvary by popping down into those caves then out flanking the troops by running their horses through them to the other end. They have filled up with sand over the years so cannot pass through anymore. At least that's the stories I got years ago.