|From:||Bill Van F.|
|Sent on:||Friday, September 23, 2011 10:31 PM|
This is a real difficult decision for me.
We did our poll, and as of Friday evening (results were supposed to be in by Thursday evening), only 2 people want to meet at Big Ben's. The one that wanted to meet at Cathey's was me. Presumably we should meet at Big Ben's.
However, changing the meeting place is no small task. Also, most people know how to get to Cathey's, but not necessarily Big Ben's. I am worried about people not getting the word and showing up at Cathey's with no one there and feeling frustrated.
Also, I have spoken of my concern about whether the seating arrangement will be satisfactory inside Big Ben's (we haven't explored that thoroughly), and we don't know whether the sound will make it hard to hear. I see the forecast is for rain Sunday evening, so we might not be able to sit outside.
I am just very worried that the negative consequences of changing at the last minute to Big Ben's may be more than the negative consequences of staying at Cathey's this Sunday. I did not like the idea of making such a significant change in between meetings, and now I'm even more worried.
I cannot feel good with either decision. I am going to have the meeting stay this Sunday at Cathey's, but intend to try to make a decision in the meeting regarding the next meeting, which I sort of assume will be at Big Ben's unless somebody knows of an even better place.
I hope that everyone understands that my wish is that we are all able to be together as a group, such that everyone can see and hear everyone else, rather than fragmenting into separate discussions. I also hope that everyone understands that I want to make sure that we do that which makes sense to the whole group (not just myself and not just one or two outspoken individuals).
I hope that we will hear from more people regarding this issue.