~ WHO WE ARE ~
We are a group of individuals who either currently enjoy running or are seeking to incorporate running into their lifestyle. We seek to help spread the joy of running and to support fellow runners in their efforts.
Our group welcomes everyone at every level; there is power in numbers! (OK, it's just more fun to run with a lot of people than just a couple.)
This group is not about obsessing over running times, it about having good times! (See #11, #12, #22 and #25 below!)
LEGALESE: Here's the less fun part where we say that if anything really bad happens to you, like you seize up and have a stroke from seeing too much mis-matched ugly running garb (or men in tight pants), that nobody else in our group is liable (although we'll be nice to you and bring you flowers). In more legalese terms: "By being a member of this group you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold the group, any of the group's leaders, officers, representatives, instructors, or sponsors liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly from or as a consequence of any group activity."
So basically this means that if you trip, fall and tear your Achilles tendon while wearing your high school prom dress (or your dates' prom dress) during one of our theme runs, there's nobody to sue for medical expenses... but we'll give you a ride to the ER and promise not to laugh.
Also please note that:
The Charlotte Runners hosts runs that require moderate to intense physical exertion and our activities are geared to runners who are medically fit and properly trained for the run they elect to participate in. By attending a run or workout event you agree to assume such personal responsibility for your own person and will not hold liable any other member of the Charlotte Runners for any injury, loss or damage to you or to any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, that occurs as a result of attending a Charlotte Runners' run event. Runs are held at public venues and by attending a run you also agree that no Charlotte Runner member will be held liable for any injury, loss or damage to you or to any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly from the event location. All training programs and workouts displayed on this website have been uploaded by runners as suggested workouts, but Charlotte Runners does not endorse or accept any liability for the risks of undertaking any such training programs. All runners are advised to obtain professional medical advice and clearance from their doctor before embarking on any physical training program.
Here are our top 25 reasons to start running today
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest forms of exercising. You only need a pair of trainers and shorts and t-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good - not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
8. Running is accessible to all. As long as you are physically able, you can go for a run virtually anytime and anywhere. There are no race barriers to running.
9. Running helps you to lose weight and tone muscles. The more your train and run, the more weight you will lose. Also by toning up, you are getting rid of the excess fat and converting it to muscle.
10. Running is for people of all ages. Old or young, everyone can benefit from running.
11. It is good for your sex life! By being more physically active you increase your sex drive.
12. You can get away with eating chocolate and legitimately say it is part of your training program.
13. Running is a great way to recover from a hangover. A run will help clear your head faster than sitting around feeling terrible.
14. It is a great safety aid. Being able to run away from people puts you in a much better position if you are chased.
15. You can use running to change other people's lives. Run for a charity and raise money to help the needy or less able.
16. Running with friends gives you time to catch up on gossip and get fit at the same time.
17. It is time-efficient way to get fit and lose weight so you have more free time after exercising to enjoy yourself.
18. Running is a challenge that can be motivational and bring great personal satisfaction.
19. It is a great way to see a new place if you have limited time available for sightseeing. Just think how much more of a place you can see when running around it compared to walking.
20. Running improves your concentration as you are forced to concentrate more when running. This in turn improves your concentration when you have to focus in other areas of life.
21. You nearly always work better after a run because you are still on a runner's high and feel ready for anything.
22. Running is a great way to meet people, especially if you join a club or enter a race.
23. There are no monthly subscriptions with running. You just put your trainers on and go free as a bird.
24. Endurance built-up through running can be transferred to other sports.
25. If you drink alcohol you can just run a little bit further the next day to work off the extra calories.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Dec. 1 2007 - Name Change and New Organizer - Why?||November 21, 2011 7:27 AM||Bevin|
|About Charlotte Runners||August 1, 2010 3:52 PM||Bevin|