addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Laid Back Saturday Social Paddle - Triadelphia - Greenbridge

  • Oct 12, 2013 · 2:30 PM
  • This location is shown only to members

 

Laid Back Saturday Social Paddle at Triadelphia - Greenbridge



 

Total attendance limit for this event is 30 paddlers, but only shows as 24.  6 spots are reserved for renters.  Renters on the wait list will receive priority and be moved to the attending list until the max of 30 is reached.

We haven't done a laid back social paddle for a few weeks thanks to other things going on.  Well here's one with a twist.  It's a mid afternoon paddle that will finish around or shortly after 6:00 PM.  Bring a snack for yourself and perhaps something to share with the group for a break at about midpoint in the paddle.  This will be an easy, approximately 8 mile laid back Saturday paddle which should have us off the water by 6:00ish in time for a early meal in the area if anyone is interested.

We'll be launching from the Greenbridge Recreation Area on the Montgomery County Side of Triadelphia promptly at 2:30 PM.  Plan to arrive with plenty of time to have your boat and gear ready to be on the water by then.

Triadelphia Reservoir is owned by the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC). To paddle here you need to purchase a $6.00 day use permit or a $70.00 season permit. With over 13 miles of water between Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge Reservoirs and 7 different kayak launch sites we'll visit the WSSC properties often during the season and I suspect regular paddlers in the area will find that the season pass will pay for itself quickly. You can purchase day or season permits on line and print them out at home. Look under hot topiics at the WSSC website located here http://www.wsscwater.com/home/jsp/home.faces

There are rental kayaks available for this paddle at special weekend price of $40.00. Please answer the rental question when you RSVP to request one.

Join or login to comment.

  • A former member
    A former member

    Beautiful weather, eagle, heron and, of course, poop rock. :-). Thanks Chuck!

    October 12, 2013

    • annie m.

      Janeen, Lost the tiny address paper. Still interested in the loom< Will send the measurements when I know where. Ann

      October 13, 2013

  • Debbie

    So glad the weather worked out and I was able to attend. I tracked the paddle on a GPS, new interest and was wondering based on someone more knowledgable is this area, if it's correct.

    October 13, 2013

  • Howard M.

    Got lucky once again with the weather. I had fun trying out different boats. Always a great group of people to be with.

    October 13, 2013

  • MaryB

    Chuck - found out yesterday I am still not quite up to being on the water for hours. I'll keep eating yogurt and taking probiotics...

    2 · October 12, 2013

    • Rose C.

      I am so sorry Mary, I was so looking forward to seeing you.

      October 12, 2013

  • Laurie C.

    Have to bail - my senior is unexpectedly decided to go to Homecoming and, needless to say, we weren't prepared at all.

    October 11, 2013

  • Ed

    Wanted to go, wanted to go Weds. even more. Still having to deal with roof leak, lost time, making up for that while watching to be sure containers in attic don't fill and overflow or tip. Repairs soon once it dries but until then it's kind of important not to let the sky fall into my house. Sorry. Have fun!

    October 11, 2013

  • Chuck

    Before everyone bails on this paddle, please take a look at a detailed forecast for the specific area while we will be on the water. That forecast is only calling for a 30% chance of a "few showers". As I like to say that means a 70% chance for sunny blue skies.

    1 · October 11, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Recovering from surgery, not ready yet to paddle. Thought I would be.

    October 11, 2013

16 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy