Please send your 10-minute lightning talk topic to me via email on this Meetup Site to reserve your spot and have your topic listed....please note our venue has changed due to availability and expected size of the group to Zella.
February's schedule will be as follows:
7-8pm Lightning Sessions on Big Data Topics
8-8:30pm Q&A and Networking
The format (suggested by one of our members) is 'Open mic on Big Data Analytics'. Members of our group will have 10 minutes maximum to speak on a big-data related topic of their choice.
Lightning Talk Big Data Open Mic Topics confirmed:
- Aldo Deijkers, co-founder Core Analytics will provide a technical overview on options for data access via API's on social sites.
- Tim Negris, Yottamine, will speak on 'Hyper-parallel Machine Learning, or What the SVM Needs to Succeed'
- Marc Epner, Kognitio, will introduce Kognitio's big data solution suite.
- Mark Whipple, IBM, will speak on "An Overview of IBM's Big Data Solution"
- Kyle Weeks, IBM, will introduce 'new ways to automatically uncover key insights and statistically interesting relationships from big data'.
- Sasha Gutfraind, Research Assistant Professor at University of Illinois at Chicago, will speak on 'Testing network analytics with MUSKETEER' http://people.cs.clemson.edu/~isafro/musketeer/index.html
-Christopher S. Rollyson, Founder, Chief Digital Office will speak on "Using Social Business to De-Risk Big Data"
-Alislinn Chen, BellaDati, will speak on "Data Discovery for Business Users"
- Anish Koppula, SMG Performance Marketing will speak on the topic "PathFinder - A digital Attribution Solution"
-Mike Dietrich, Zipfian Academy. will present on his project 'Shazam for Animals', using machine learning on audio of whalesong to identify species.
Please send me a note to reserve your 10-minute slot with topic (this can be an overview of a vendor product, a project you are working on, big data area of interest, big data problem you would like to crowd source during Q&A, academic work, and all practitioners and vendors are welcome to reserve a spot and present to the group for a maximum of 10 minutes).
I'll update the micro-presentation schedule as your topics come in.
Great news, we have a sponsonship offer for our upcoming March meeting from Yottamine, who will present to us on their Big Data Machine Learning and make an announcement about the new product at the event, there will be drinks and a giveaway. Details forthcoming on this!