Dave Reinke of OpenBI will be providing an introduction to Pentaho's new functionality targeted at supporting big data. Pentaho's software has been getting a lot of attention lately in the big data space, and OpenBI has extensive experience helping it's customers achieve success with Pentaho, so this is sure to be a valuable and enlightening presentation. More info is below. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
An Introduction to Pentaho’s Big Data Technology
Recently, a series of product announcements has moved Pentaho to the center of the Big Datamarketplace. Over the past few months, Pentaho has:
- Switched to the Apache license while open-sourcing a broad swath of commercial and Big Data functionality of its flagship ETL software, Pentaho Data Integration (PDI).
- Developed strategic alliances with Big Data vendors such as MapR, Cloudera, DataStax, Actian,Greenplum/EMC, Vertica and Infobright
- And has been Acknowledged as a Strong Performer in the Forrester Wave for Enterprise HadoopSolutions
Pentaho Big Data technology makes big data programming accessible to traditional BI developers,providing an integrated data architecture that spans a continuum from big data platform to datawarehouse to data mart -- while also enabling reporting and analysis against Hadoop, NoSQL and highperformance analytical databases.
This session serves to educate on the Pentaho Big Data functionality. We will demonstrate a commondata architecture pattern that:
- Loads data into a big data platform: HDFS & NoSQL
- Processes data within Hadoop via Pentaho MapReduce, Pig and Hive scripts
- Extracts data from big data platforms to an RDBMS data mart, and
- Creates a job that orchestrates the entire process
Dave Reinke is a member of the Chicago Big Data and Hadoop user groups and co-founder of OpenBI, a business intelligence and big data analytics professional services company. He has over 20 years of BI consulting experience across a variety of industries and domains. Dave is Cloudera Hadoop certified and currently an active member of the Pentaho Big Data community.