Chicago Content Strategy Message Board › Creating Copy Decks for Responsive Design websites

Creating Copy Decks for Responsive Design websites

NOREEN C.
user 8436915
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Does anyone have any insight into creating copy decks for Responsive Design where you need to show different content for different devices? Trying to get backup for my ideas :)

Thanks
Greg S.
gregshea1
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
I'd say that the first priority is to determine the various states that you'll be using and what they'll look like. For example, you will likely have a small (phone), medium (tablet) and large (computer) version. And you could have multiple versions depending on how deep you are going.

From there, you will need to take a look at the ideal character lengths for content in those states. Then set up versions for copy in each state. You may opt to let the technology determine automatically where the content fits for each state. That's not ideal and you probably want to tweak the copy for each version. However, it may be impractical to do that for thousands of pages and you'll need to set solid guidelines for each state.

Overall, I'd say to really investigate the exact details of each Responsive design state and tailor the content for each version accordingly. Good luck.