"O' zapft is! means it’s time to don your dirndl and lace up your lederhosen for the “Trachten Kneipe Crawl” with the DANK Haus. The Oktoberfest is 4,500 miles away in München, but there will be plenty gemütlichkeit here in Chicago with fest beers, beer specials, Schlager music and even some Bundesliga.
There will be 6 bars or “Festzelts” an der Wiesn:
1. Laschet’s Inn – 2119 W Irving Park Rd - 3:00 - 3:45
2. Resi's Bierstube - 2034 W Irving Park Rd - 3:45 - 4:30
3. The Globe - 1934 W Irving Park Rd - 4:30 - 5:30
4. Wild Goose – 4265 N. Lincoln Ave - 5:30 - 6:30
5. Huettenbar - 4721 N Lincoln Ave - 6:30 - 7:30
6. Chicago Brauhaus – 4732 N Lincoln Ave
Registration begins at 2:30 p.m. with the Pub Crawl starting at 3:00 pm at Laschet’s Inn. Every participant receives a coupon for a drink at a future DANK event. Bars and times are subject to change, so be sure to check with the Wiesn-wirt at the first location.
Need some gemütlichkeit but don’t own a dirndl or lederhosen? Come along! Alle sind willkommen!
The “Trachten Kneipe Crawl” is first-and-foremost a charity event. Drinking liters of beer and strolling through bars while wearing Trachten are simply means to our philanthropic end. To achieve this goal, a modest ‘Steuer’ of $10 will be collected. All proceeds will go to benefit the DANK Haus German American Cultural Center.