In order to meet the goals and maintain the quality of our Meetup Group, New Members MUST answer Required questions to qualify. Your Purpose of Joining will determine your Membership to CMN. If your purpose is not consistent with the objectives of the Group, your responses are not genuine, or contain words that are not consistent with the Terms and Conditions, your Membership will not be accepted.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF JOINING
HOW TO FIND US AT A PUBLIC EVENT?
- To join and attend events, you must be at least 18 years or accompanied by an adult parent or guardian.
- Though we encourage Muslims mingling during events which may lead to finding your Muslim marriage partner, this is not a "dating" site.
- Completely anonymous Meetup IDs will not be permitted. Please provide your first name or first name abbreviation as your Meetup ID. For example "A", "ChiFan" or "ZTE" are not allowed.
- As a precaution, we recommend not posting your last name, or any personal information besides what's required on your member profile. Please use your discretion before you share any personal information with people that you trust after you get to know them.
- Events may be cancelled any time for various reasons and an email notification will be sent. Reasons can include lack of RSVPs, unable to make reservations, weather, scheduling conflicts etc.
- Obscene, vulgar, offensive or inappropriate pictures, text or material will disqualify/remove you from Membership.
- Meetups are strictly non-Alcoholic and halal/kosher.
- Certain Events may be targeted more for Muslims rather than a general audience - such as Singles Meetings. For such events, the Target Audience will be posted on the Event. Of course, you are still free to attend as we are a fully transparent Group.
- Prayer (salaat) provisions will be made when ever the Event is close to prayer time, prayer however is your personal choice.
- Meetup No-shows with a "YES" RSVP, without contacting the Organizer will automatically remove you from the Group. If you are unable to attend an event, please change your RSVP from 'YES' to 'NO' at least 24 hours prior to the event time.
- Event Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated, however, they must meet Event Suggestion Guidelines.
- Based on requirement, Terms and Conditions may be revised.
Look for the CMN Display as shown below.KEY ISLAMIC EVENTS IN 2013
Meilad un Nabi (Prophet Mohammed's* Birthday) Thursday Jan 24, 2013
Lailatul-Bara'at (A Night of Salvation) Sunday June 23, 2013
1st Ramadan (Fasting Begins) Tuesday 9 July, 2013
Lailatul-Qadr (A Night of Blessing & Prayer) Saturday Aug 3, 2013
Eid-al-Fitr (Festivity, Celebrating Accomplishment of Fasting) Thursday 8 Aug, 2013
Eid-Al-Adha (Commemoration of Prophet Abraham's* Sacrifice for God) Tuesday 15 Oct, 2013
Al-Hijra (Hajj - Islamic New Year commences) Monday 4 Nov, 2013
* Peace upon all God's Messengers including Mohammed, Jesus, Abraham, Moses, Ishmael, Isaac and Jacob, as well as Noah, Job, Jonah, Aaron, Solomon and David.