Come work on Python projects, get programming help, help others, and hang out.
Bring your own project or work on one of the suggested projects below. Everyone is welcome, all skill levels are encouraged.
Friendly people will be here to help beginning Python programmers with language basics and practice.
Audience: Everyone! All Python experience levels are welcome, and everything is self-paced.
When: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Food: Pizza will be provided by Braintree
Things to bring: a wireless-enabled laptop and power cord.
Need some project ideas? How about:
• The official Python tutorial http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/introduction.html
• How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/
• An introduction to Python through writing games http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/
• Learn Python the Hard Way http://learnpythonthehardway.org/
• If you contribute to an open source project that uses Python and want to help new contributors, let us know in a comment!
• Graphite, awesome monitoring. https://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest/overview.html
• making use of https://github.com/theycallmeswift/BreakfastSerial (requires that you bring an arduino and usb cable)
• Help convert a package to python 3 http://python3wos.appspot.com/
• Want to learn a Python web framework? Check out the Django tutorial. https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/
If you are interested in working on a specific topic, please leave a comment to let us know. Maybe we can find someone in advance who knows the topic!
Join or login to comment.
If anyone left a wireless mouse last night, let me know. I'll hold onto it and you can stop by and pick it up.
0 · April 25, 2014
I connected with someone working on OpenBSD.
Hi everyone, I know there has been some construction, so I checked the entrance this week is still the small door on Canal St. just south of the middle of the block.
0 · April 24, 2014
Help support your Meetup
Python users in Chicago.
Braintree is a meeting host and sponsor.
Support for events.
3,075 Designers & Developers
Meetup has allowed me to meet people I wouldn't have met naturally - they're totally different than me.
— Allison, started Women's Adventure Travel
Meetup members, Log in