Welcome to Collaborator IoT!
Collaborator IOT is an uber-casual meetup for all those interested in getting together to talk about the Internet of Things and finding people to collaborate with in order to realize those projects.
Overview of what kinds topics could be covered over time?
- Robotics (Oceanic/Undersea, UAV/Drones [air/space], Driverless Cars, Industrial, Healthcare, Surgical, Household)
- M2M/ Machine to Machine
- Machine Learning
- User-Driver Entertainment (Gaming, Television, Film, Sports, Arts)
- Privacy and Ethics moving forward (we might even invite the naysayers for a friendly debate)
- Sensors (Communications, Controls, Security, Cyberservices, Cellular, WiFi, Zigbee, RFID, SmartDust, MEMS, TCP/IP, HAN, Reed, Magnetic, Seismic, Accoustic, Light, Imaging, Thermal, Temperature, Atmosphere, Chemical, Electrochemical, Organic, Inorganic, etc)
- Manufacturing (Predictive Maintenance, Automation, Supply Chain, etc)
- Smart Planet (city planning, air quality, Smart Farms, Public Transit, Public Safety, Air Quality, Parking Management, Traffic Management, Smart Buildings, Climate Change, Recycling & Reuse, Prediction & Alerts, Communications, Security, etc)
- Crime Prevention
- Energy Management (Smart Grid, etc)
- Water management
- Policy & Law (Impact, Redirection, Need)
- Devices - wireless and connected (self-Quantification, Gamification, Mobile, AMI, Appliances, Smart Phones & Tablets)
- Building and Home Automation (Home Automation Commercial Building)
- Data Management & Analytics (Data Governance, Predictives, Computational Statistics, Data Mining, Simulation, Data Science, DW/BI, Data Visualization, Big Data, Open Data, Plotting, Dashboards, Datavault, Datamart, Datawarehouse, OLAP, Reporting, SQL RDBMS, SQL ADBMS, No SQL, Hadoop, Cassandra, Automated Decisions, Rules Engines, BPM, Feedback Loops, ETL, EAI, ReST, Graphing DB, etc)
Background on IoT
(Because it's a topic you might already be knee deep in without knowing):
On June 6, 2012, a brand-new version of the Internet was turned on. Chances are you didn't notice anything different that day, as we switched over to Internet Protocol Version 6, or IPv6. Engineers worked for years so the new Internet could be turned on without causing problems. But in the coming years, this new Internet will change your life dramatically. It will lead to the realization of a concept called "The Internet of Things," where everything—not just computers—gets connected. And it's going to be awesome.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/what-you-nee...
Why are we doing this?
There are a tonne of great meetups and org-based events in town already doing events around much of the technology we'll cover here - Which is great! But.... this one is different because it aims to be:
- Accesible financially (and eventually geographically)
- Regular and diverse
- Built on the concept of Hyper-Collaboration - This meetup has a single purpose at it's core - Becoming a comfortable home for collaboration in the IoT sphere.
- We are also building an awesome set of tools (programmed and physical) to help people in the space achieve a state of ... Ultra-Collaboration.
- Open, non-inclusive, inviting and unpretentious.
- Social and fun (for nerds like us I suppose)