Colorado Classical Message Board › Guidence on getting a piano fix

Guidence on getting a piano fix

Dru Whitledge
user 2391280
Louisville, CO
Post #: 260
Send an Email Post a Greeting
This isn't possibly the right place for this post, but it's in the neighborhood (acoustic music) and may get me a tip on where to go.

I do love live piano, but can only recognize a real piano 3 out of 5 tries, so I can't satisfy my own piano urges, even if I had that much talent.

Unfortunately, most piano pounders I know personally -- don't share my taste in music enough to have any interest in playing stuff I'd like to hear -- OR tell me I won't hear what I what to hear. For example -- I love that huge, magnificent, spectacular opening to Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor (or one of those minors, I'm pretty sure) -- but everyone who knows piano stuff says that after the beautiful beginning run of the keys, I'll be bored, because there's no orchestra to jump in when they ought to -- and most piano players don't keep orchestras around the house.

Well, I think I've stumbled across a piece, a composer that solves that problem, maybe if I could find someone that might like to pick it apart. The guy is Ludovico Einaudi (Italian dude) who is accused of playing "minimalist" music -- meaning (I assume) not much orchestra cluttering things up. However, his piano pieces are very rich and full and robust and all with just piano -- and to me, at least, outstandingly beautiful -- all by themselves. Apparently, some other folks agree as they chose what I believe to be his prettiest tune -- as the background music for some recent the HP computer commercials (how I fist heard him and got addicted to his amazing music and style).

Anyway, I would encourage you to check out this piece (the HP piece) on YouTube and if you too think it's a pretty pretty piano piece -- I'd love to hear some hints as to who in the Boulder area might want to make that happen live or how I might go about finding someone to share that interest.

Would love to hear your opinion of it.

Ludovico Einaudi -- Divenire
http://www.youtube.co...­.
(give it a couple of minutes to develop -- changes a lot)

Dru
303 666 -- 7665