Andy M.
user 34897642
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone out there is an artist (focusing on 2D) who'd be interested in working on building a game from the ground up. I can do programming, and will come up with a solution for audio. I have some ideas and have actually already started laying the groundwork for one project.

I'd love to find someone who I can meet with in person from time to time to discuss the game and its direction and so forth, so I thought a local meetup group would be a great way to go.

My plan for funding the game is to use Kickstarter, and to help get to the funding goal I'll be reaching out to game news sites like Rockpapershotgun and Kotaku and so forth. Realistically, we'll need to have at least a teaser trailer put together, and I'd expect a few thousand dollars from this. When the game is complete, I'll be submitting it to Steam and Desura to try to sell the game. All team members will be given a percentage of royalties (we can negotiate this sometime)

If anyone is interested, let me know either on this thread or in a pm and we'll talk more.
Alden R.
user 30423622
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
What sort of art style are you looking for?

I've been slowly developing an rpg project including the artwork. Take a look at my samples from that project here: http://flashgameart.c...­

I'm also based in the Denver area, and know very well how nice it would be to work with a team in physical space as opposed to online only between states... My programmer on my RPG project was working with me that way until he quit to go to college, and it seemed to me, depite my detailed emails about implementation on game features, he somehow still managed to miss things or do things differently than the plan.... perhaps due to the virtual workspace.

Anyway, lets chat about your art needs, and see what we can do.

you can contact me at: aldenrogers at hotmail
Andy M.
user 34897642
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Thanks for the response! I saw some of your samples and I'd like to discuss more about where to go from here. I'll pass along some details through email, so you can let me know your ideas once you get that.
Alex N.
user 68040842
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
If your still looking im willing to help, I am more of a 3d artist but do 2d as well
Im about 5 minutes northeast of DTC and it would rock to actually work with people on a project
here is some of my work
http://alexnabokov.im...­
Andy M.
user 34897642
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Alex, thanks for the reply. I am still looking for an artist, I'd love to discuss things a little more directly when you get a chance. My email is andymartin@logcabincomputers.com - just drop me a line and I'll hook you up with some of the design docs I have laid out for the game I've been working on.