Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board CiCGA- General Discussion Forum › Thanks for making the IGTM meet up event such a success!

Thanks for making the IGTM meet up event such a success!

Marc W.
MarcWilhelm
Burlington, VT
The weeks and months of preparation and emails paid off in a huge way last night for the Colorado indie game scene.

I was glad it all came together so perfectly. Lots of interest in indie games in Colorado and the region. I met several people who drove in from out of state to be at the event. The show more than sold out. They had to send several dozen people away! The theater only held 170 or so but it was packed and we had to bring in chairs from the lobby to seat everyone.

It is such a fantastic film because it touches on the humanity of creators. So many people who know little to nothing about games really connected with the movie and told me they have a much better understanding of what being an indie game developer means.

After the screening it was oddly sublime to have a conversation with my parents about the intricacies of popular indie game culture such as the mental stability of Phil Fish and the expression of vulnerability through the exposed flesh of Meatboy, etc. They get it! The fact that I could bring them to see such a well crafted film that communicates so clearly the plight of creators like us is nothing short of a gift.

The DFC were kind enough to hold an audience Q & A in the theater and that went great. The after-party was a blast. There were a fair amount of people in the lobby playing the games before the show, but it was over crowded with earnest indie game fans after the show! I was personally swamped with really nice people asking me questions about my career in games and games in general.

We had two XBOX 360s loaded with the games from the movie and two local indie games RGB and St. Chicken were playable through projectors. Leviathan had amazing door prizes. I hear a really nice kid won my personal copy of the original NES Legend of Zelda, I'm glad it's going to a good home :'(

Thanks to all of you that could make it and to those of you who helped us so successfully get the word out about this film.

Pics and video to come!

-Marc