CUPS Meeting Tues June 18th at 6:30 for socializing and 7pm for the presentation at the Downtown Aquarium.
GROUP DISCUSSION: THE ART OF UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY
Will be led by John Gordon and John Bulik, this is a participatory meeting where all members are ask to bring 5 or 6 images for their artistic merit that they would like to have discussed by other members. This could be a great way to get feedback for the upcoming photo exhibit and contest at Making WAVES 2013 in Boulder. The categories’ will again be.
The goal is to have you walk away from this meeting with a new perspective on what makes an image “Artistic” and a refreshed mindset for the future shooting.
John will be bringing some of his images to share to get things started, please bring your photos on a thumb drive.
SEE CUPS on Facecbook! And The Colorado Scuba Meetup Group please RSVP
NEW BRING AND SHARE: Time permitting, we will show your photos or items of interest during the meeting.
Help - please volunteer to present at a future meeting contact: [masked]
· The Downtown Aquarium is the CUPS meeting place. Please mark your calendar for 2012 - the Third Tuesday of each month! (See link below for map.)
· NEW!!!!Note: Parking in the lot just across the street from the Aquarium is free if you get your stub validated at the bar or the parking attendant is not in the booth otherwise it a flat $7 in the evening.
· Entrance: Go through the double doors on the Water Street side (across from Senor Sol Restaurant) and the classroom is directly to your right on the first level.
· Map: Denver Downtown Aquarium If you want to make your own MapQuest Direction map, here is the official address: 700 Water St, Denver, CO 80211
· Thanks to the hospitality of Landry's Restaurants, Inc., CUPS has return to our regular third-Tuesday meeting schedule at the beautiful Downtown Aquarium in their spacious classroom.
OTHER LOCAL EVENTS OF INTEREST:
Colorado Ocean Coalition “Blue Drinks” June 21st https://www.facebook.com/events/529127643810321/
MAKING WAVES 2013 is coming back in September; CUPS will again have a photo exhibit and competition. Start thinking about the photos you want to prepare for this event. John Bulik has volunteered to head up the event this year. (Stay tuned for here for upcoming details) Also if you are willing to allow photo from your galleries on the CUPS website to be used by Colorado Ocean Coalition for promotion for this event please email [masked]
Dr. Paddy Ryan is a PADI divemaster with well over 1,000 dives recorded. He has many publications including eight books. If you are interested in joining him on this year's dive trip to Sea of Cortez, email Paddy.
Mel Cundiff is leading a Killer Trip to Southern Red Sea. We have booked a 36 meter high-end Live-aboard MY Suzanna out of Port Sudan for May 20-27, 2013 http://www.blueotwo.com Mel’s email is [masked] for more info http://spot.colorado.edu/~cundiff/
Shark Bait Dive Club’s Palau trip and other upcoming trips!
The Team at CUPS