A former member
Post #: 38
I've been promising Lisa for months that I would post this recipe, so finally here it is! It's based on a recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, but I altered amounts of a few ingredients to make them lighter and fluffier.

3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/2 cup water
6 tablespoons nondairy butter, melted
1 and 3/4 cup nondairy milk
1 and 3/4 cup flour (I've used white and whole wheat and a mixture, they all seem to work fine)
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt

Preheat your waffle iron.

In a blender or food processor, whip the flaxseed and water together until it reaches a thick and creamy consistency, about 2 minutes. Add the butter and the nondairy milk, and whip for another minute.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Pour in the milk mixture and stir until just combined.

Spoon batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions. I generally leave the waffle iron closed until it stops steaming, then for another minute or so after that, then check the waffle for doneness.
A former member
Post #: 2
Yay! Thanks for sharing this one. I'm still daydreaming of these waffles.