add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Columbia/Elkridge Board Gamers Club Message Board › Looking for Gaming Event Hosts

Looking for Gaming Event Hosts

Nancy H.
Group Organizer
Elkridge, MD
Post #: 31
Hey all!! The group calendar has been looking quite bare lately and I know we all have busy schedules...esp me....I look to you all for help in hosting events and coming up with other creative ideas; Maybe there have been other events you've attended etc and u can offer insight to help build our calendar. Looking for a few people interested in hosting an event. It doesnt have to be in your home, it can be any public place ie library, Panera, etc. Let's get creative. Warm weather is hopefully upon us and then that will open up some outdoor venues as well. If you are interested in hosting an event somewhere, please email me so I can get it on the calendar. I am a busy full time single parent and I rely on everyone in this group to help make it successful. Thank you.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Nancy,

I just reached out to the Howard County Library to ask about scheduling a regular time for an open gaming room there. I'll let you know what I hear back.

I'm a brand new member,but thanks for organizing this meetup so far. I hope to make it to a game soon and meet you all. :)

Nancy H.
Group Organizer
Elkridge, MD
Post #: 32
That's awesome Jim. Thank you. i have used the library MANY times and it used to be a popular event then slacked off. I actually just posted an event at the library near me. Here is the link to reserve a room: http://www.hclibrary....­

Its very easy to use and self explanatory and can all be done online. Let me know when u get confirmation. Usually 3-4 hour blocks of time are best. Chose a library that is close to you.
Thanks again.
Todd W.
Elkridge, MD
Post #: 7
All being a host is "Easy". I say that but honestly I would have never done it without the help of Nancy! I think a lot of times we make more out of it then it needs to be. Let me be 100% clear... I LOVE playing games and I have hosted many many parties for gamers at my house. But being a host of a game night freaked me out. It made me feel responsible for everyone's fun. That is not really how it worked out. We had a nice mix of people and fun from what I can tell was had by all. If your willing the host but do not feel comfortable leading the game. Pair up with a person that can lead the game and you can just play. You do not have to host at your house. The library and Wegmans and other places are on the norm open to having people use the environment some benefit from our patronage.

I would ask this of each of you... consider hosting an event. If you need help because your nervous like I was... Ask for help, you might be surprised at what you get from these group in the way of support.