Columbia Sip n Knit Message Board › Charity Afghan Squares

Charity Afghan Squares

Dorothy
pheelya
Group Organizer
Columbia, MD
Post #: 177
For those of you who attend the swaps and wonder where all the leftover yarn goes.... the last few swaps we've hosted the yarn has gone to the group called Sew Who Cares and they turn the lovely leftovers into afghans! Here's is a little info on the group and they're latest charity projects. Some of you may have even had the pleasure of meeting Milli, one of their members, at the swap or at Wednesday night knitting smile

Our group is called Sew Who Cares and we meet every Tuesday from 11-1pm at the 50+ East Columbia Senior Center. We're crocheting and/or knitting squares to join together for blankets for Project Linus: http://projectlinus.o...­. The squares need to be 12 inch square or 1 foot square. They can be crocheted or knitted using a pattern or stitch, with or without a border, one color or more, as a granny square or not, the possibilities are endless, just as long as they are 12 inches square. We do have a few that aren't 12 in sq, which will go in a miscellaneous pile and we'll make those work into mixed size blankets. We'd like to make the squares all the way up to the end of Feb and assemble and join them into blankets by the end of Mar. Of course we'll collect and join them on weekly or bi-weekly basis, depending upon what we get and drop off completed ones as we go. I can pickup the squares from you at your Wegmans Wednesdays or they can be dropped off at the 50+ East Columbia Senior Center co-located with the East Columbia Library on Cradlerock Way, Columbia. The wonderful staff of Meridy, Ellen or Alma will be able to take them and give them to us when we meet on Tuesdays. My sincere gratitude to all who'll contribute to this worthy cause; one child will be warmer because of you. Here's one to get started:

http://sarahlondon.wo...­

If anyone in the group would like to make a square and donate it, they would greatly appreciate it! You can give the squares to Milli when she joins us for knit nights or you can give them to me on Wednesday nights or Saturday mornings Meet-ups.