Columbia Sip n Knit Message Board › The new year is here and it's the time for resolutions and new directions

The new year is here and it's the time for resolutions and new directions

lzwerl
lynnzwerling
Columbia, MD
Here's what I'm thinking. When I started this little knitting group five years ago I envisioned a friendly, happy group of like minded people...no dues, no committees , no board meetings, no drama and it has grown to be that and so much more. Real lasting friendships have been made, new ideas have surfaced and happiness is present.
Now, all who really know me, know that I am an idea person, a visionary, but not especially prone to ongoing organization. I'm okay at getting stuff done, but truly that's not my strength, so I've decided to pass the leadership and all it's duties off to Dorothy. She is a calm, quiet, fair leader and I think she will be great at moving the Columbia Sip and Knit forward. She embraces our vision and will be happy to assume this task.
She has already begun making plans for our big event, the hospitality tent at the Sheep and Wool. Thanks to Denise, who worked tirelessly for several years to set that up and put it on the map, now Dorothy, with all the help you can provide, will see it continue and thrive. She has a big job ahead of her. the hospitality tent has become a touchstone for this event.
New members join almost daily and I know all have been made comfortable and welcome. Knitters and crocheters are the nicest people.
Good luck with those new year resolutions. I've already accomplished my three year old one, reading charts!

Hugs and well wishes, Lynn