Comedy Workshop February 11
February 11, 2010 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Your Homework Assignment
Comedy Writing -
- Write a short story about a personal incident or about a family relation.
- Now, tweak that same story to make it totally absurd.
- Be prepared to read them to the workshop.
- Select and describe, in general, an everyday acquaintance (ie. postman, clerk, barista, neighbor).
- Now, repeat with an emphasis on the comedic appearance and gestures of that same subject.
- Be prepared to read these to the workshop.
- Write a joke about a cow and the beach.
- Write a joke about a broken clock.
- Write a one liner about artistic talent.
- Write a topical joke about "late night TV."
Please bring some munchees and beverages to share
- Bring 3-5 premises for group/individual improv
- Bring 3-5 favorite (or not) movie lines