What does it take to date for lasting love? Join Ruth and Michelle for a free informal talk and discussion, and also get to know other members of the Conscious Girlfriend tribe!
We'll meet in the back room of the Mission Creek Cafe. We'll convene at 5:00, the talk & Q&A will last from approximately 5:30 till 6:30, and you can stay for as long as you'd like after that (till 9:00 when the cafe closes!)
Here's some of what we may talk about - or at least, what we're thinking about! (This is excerpted from a much longer class :)
- What's love got to do with it? The differences between love, compatibility and intimacy, and why love alone is not enough.
- What healthy relationships can and should give you (and what they can’t and shouldn’t.)
- Recognizing, healing and releasing past love paradigms incompatible with the love you want.
- How to complete unfinished business with past relationships, and forgive yourself for past mistakes.
- Gauging and increasing your emotional readiness for love.
- Releasing shame, fear, false beliefs, and other blocks to deep connection.
- Cultivating your capacity to receive love, tenderness and pleasure.
- The sacred practice of saying No.
- Dating best practices: what to do when you feel that "instant connection" - and when you don't!
- Stop before you settle again! Understanding what really determines lasting happiness.
- Why strong chemistry can lead you astray – and how to keep yourself on course.
- Recognizing and preventing the most common date-sabotaging behaviors!
- The right and wrong ways to develop connection online (follow these rules to avoid disaster!)
- Talking honestly and openly about past relationships, without letting them take over the conversation.
- Consciously choosing when and how to take conversations to a deeper level.
- It’s not about chemistry. It’s not about whether you like her. It’s about ____________.
As you can see, there's so much to talk about! We hope you'll join us!
And for more about what we're up to and offering, do visit www.consciousgirlfriend.com.
Also, for the next few days we're offering FREE 20-minute mini-coaching sessions to anyone willing to take a few minutes to give us some input on possible directions we're considering for Conscious Girlfriend. You give us 5-10 minutes and we'll give you 20 :)
Our mini-coaching sessions include the following:
1. Identify your ultimate relationship vision — because if you don’t know where you’re trying to go, it’s almost impossible to get there!
2. Get clear on where you are now – because as the great gay writer James Baldwin said, “You’ve got to be truthful about the life you have. Otherwise, there’s no possibility of achieving the life you want.”
3. Explore ways for you to get to the love you want.
Just email us some times when you can talk, if you're interested - and we'll get back to you to confirm!
Ruth & Michelle